Dirt Trax Can-Am Maverick Expedition Build

ak_cowboy

Observer
I saw an Expedition Portal sticker on the side of their newest rig, but haven't seen anything on the site about it.

Decal at 1:57

Dave In Florida

I noticed the sticker too.

My wife and I are planning a move out west, buying a SxS and exploring everywhere. This build really appeals to me because we want a rig that can do "anything" even if not exceeding at nothing, and would love some expedition like trips.

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
Dave in Florida, have a look at the new defender by can am. Better for expo travel as it has a larger cargo area, 3 seats that fold up more storage, modular storage and all the bells and wistles to attach. We are getting the 50 hp version and modding from there.

Jamin_GX

Adventurer
I watched the build series on YouTube. Thank goodness for sponsors because there's A LOT of money wrapped up in that machine! There's very little anything stock/OEM remaining.

Definitely cool though. If I had bottomless pockets it would be fun to build something similar just for sh!ts and giggles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kojackJKU

I build them for my Job. and YES they are FUN!!!!!!! Even stock, the UTV's are very capable and fun if you buy the right one. For expo, I would pick a more ulititarian version to get extra cargo. You can load 1000lbs in the back of the new ones too!

Jamin_GX

Adventurer
I purchased a 570 Ranger Crew Full Size this past summer. While I wanted the RZR, I knew I needed the practicality of the Ranger. For me the main use is hunting and plowing my driveway mixed in with some yard work and trail riding. I needed the all purpose practical machine to justify the money spent.

Still dream of the rip snortin turbo RZR though

Ozarker

Pontoon Admiral
Yesterday I saw a Polaris sports car style, very cool two seater. As a trike it had a motorcycle license plate. That is very cool, but how is it registered, I noticed the small license plate, does that qualify as a bike?
It's the 4WD that's really nice, a rail dune buggy only gets RWD.

kojackJKU

Yep, that's the slingshot and its classed as a motorcycle. REALLY AWESOME RIG. My father has the 500 crew. Its awesome. no need for more power actually if your doing traveling. Now for fun, rip snortin power is toatally needed. ha ha. They went a bit overboard for an overlanding type UTV. Like anything. For the most part, keep it stock and add the accessories you need.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94