multipurpose trailer canopy & roof top tent build

Status
Not open for further replies.

1store

Banned
I ran in to a bit of a set back using Modular fiberglass components the parts don't line up . The part where the hings goes is to thick. I counted what look like six layers so will have grind them down some
top%20002_zpstncekx2u.jpg

top%20001_zpsanlcxo5w.jpg

Last edited:

1store

Banned
How to put together
#1 After frame is together put anything across the back line up side panels clamp
# 2 Go to side drill four #8 holes tap with 4/20 tap install bolts .
# 3 Clamp front to up right post Go to side drill four #8 holes tap with 4/20 tap install bolts

001_zpsleenjayx.jpg

Last edited:

1store

Banned
I was thinking about making a drop down front gate are just bolt the fiberglass panel in . If I do a drop down I could not put anything on the front rack.
After look at grnhornetcustoms very clean tailgate .http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/92114-Scrap-yard-M100-Build?p=1670869#post1670869 I going to make the front gate so it's pined in 4 places on the 2 by 2 uprights and lifts out . The fiberglass dose not support any thing every thing is on the uprights That way I can use the front rack. I had them at work make me a ring of 1.5 angle .

002S_zps6bwpi7ic.jpg

Last edited:

1store

Banned
This only being able to be out in the sun for 15mi a day is get old .I think doing the fiberglass should take maybe 8 to 10 hr with painting but I keep making changes.
I don't like how the front panel looks I want it to be smooth like the back so will send frame to mat to have smooth glass lay in .
There adding new looking molds for there Modular fiberglass components trailer kits at this time. So they will work me in ..Should have the front back by time I can go out in the sun. I will be posting more about the tent part over at http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/158493-tent-made-with-Modular-fiberglass-components

003s_zps847t0caj.jpg
002s_zps7peqxikg.jpg

Last edited:

1store

Banned
This is not my trailer the builde.Moderators are on top of things. Then there mine
004_zpscwufawup.jpg
ah

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles