Simple kind of van, a 2006 e150 build thread.

took the amtrak down to san diego to pick up my van, Jeremy picked me up in the van from the station, and all i have to say is THANK YOU, thank you very much.

it rides so much nicer, not jarring over bumps, i feel the road, but the road doesn't transfer its energy into the van, steering wheel is rock steady, and it drives well. I'm a fat guy, so i have to get used to the climb, and my 5'4" wife now needs a step.

thanks for the great service and the killer kit WELDTEC.

A8EE9AA4-E73C-429B-B665-E8807E1ED12C_zpslhdnuoga.jpg

and here is some pics of the c10 for our buddy austin, its on its wheels, doesn't run yet, but had to move it since we are moving shop. so now its in the back of where i work.

78AA1E8B-235B-4D2C-BEA0-FC7B7DE81AE0_zpsv20obfhq.jpg

C2A42C91-D926-4185-9D35-F42640751D8B_zps5t50dfpb.jpg

been driving the van all week, i gotta say, the ride is so much improved over stock, and much nicer drivability than the first little "suspension boost" i did.

this week, the van goes in for new rear end gears and a limited slip diff. still not sure what limited slip to go with, they stock both a ford racing trac lok, and the eaton true trac. i know the eaton is probably the better of the two, but not sure i need it. this is 95% of the time gunna be driven around town, at least until the interior is done, then it should get one trip a month, or thats the goal anyways.

philos

Explorer
The Ford limited slip is rebuild-able, no? I'd pick the Ford or maybe an ARB if I could justify it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Ford limited slip is rebuild-able, no? I'd pick the Ford or maybe an ARB if I could justify it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The ford racing performance parts differential (trac lok) is serviceable, as it has clutches and plates to do the limited slip.

Eaton's "Detroit true trac" does not need service, as it uses planetary gears to do the load bias for the limited slip. It has no parts to wear out, and is quite an impressive unit. And definitely stronger than the trac lok. It's also double the price ($500vs $250 ish).

That said, for the use this van will see, add to the fact that it's not gunna see the 1/4 mile line lock dumps etc. I'll probably keep the extra $$ close to my chest, and use the ford factory unit, as much as my "get rad" would want the true trac.

picked the van up from the gear shop.

4.10's and a trac-lok limited slip, all new bearings and seals.

its hard to gauge the drivability because traffic was horrible, but i think its gunna be better, seems to take less effort to get up and moving.

will need to get the ECU reflashed to get the speedometer correct.

so the gears are much better with 4.10s vs 3.55's puts it at 2500 @75mph on gps.

speedo is WILDLY off high. so i took it to the dealer, i hate the dealer, but figured they'd just wambam it and it'd be done with. apparently not, they have had the van all day, and are keeping it overnight. i figured it'd be a simple reflash, but either i got an idiot, or its more complex, will know tomorrow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior