2004 F150 2wd

cdclpc

I've been a lurker here for a few months now and I thought I'd share my daily driven 2wd '04 F150 STX. I purchased it going on 4 years ago with just at 80k miles. It now sits at roughly 155k. Yes, I know that 4wd would be better suited to this hobby, but the majority of my driving consists of interstate and freeway due to my job. Here it is just after the $300 Craigslist topper.

028b3207d9981e8f7e550004cc007de8.jpg

I should point out that it has been leveled using new struts and springs for an 04 4x4 due to a pair of broken front coils.

This is how it looks currently after some fresh two tone to match the topper

f963530c51e17af3509104437cddb8ca.jpg

I have purchased, but not installed a factory ford limited slip for the 8.8 and some 20x10 ATX "thug" wheels in black. Waiting on tires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cdclpc

I've purchased a factory ford T-lock for the rear diff and I'm hoping on adding gears. Maybe 4.10's. I've also recently got add a leaf for the rear springs and the 20x10's from a buddy. I normally wouldn't pick black wheels on this truck, but they were cheap. Next is tires. Either 305 55 20 or 33x12.50x20's. I haven't decided on which yet. The fog lights were full of moisture, so I left them off after paint. Looking for 2 smaller Cree led light bars to put in their place. I also really want to add a sleeping platform with a drawer system to the bed, which is why I got the add a leaf. I need to store lots of tools for work in one large drawer and storage for some gear and firearms in the other. Maybe eventually a winch behind the factory front bumper and a roof rack on the cap.

Raul B

Explorer
I've purchased a factory ford T-lock for the rear diff and I'm hoping on adding gears. Maybe 4.10's. I've also recently got add a leaf for the rear springs and the 20x10's from a buddy. I normally wouldn't pick black wheels on this truck, but they were cheap. Next is tires. Either 305 55 20 or 33x12.50x20's. I haven't decided on which yet. The fog lights were full of moisture, so I left them off after paint. Looking for 2 smaller Cree led light bars to put in their place. I also really want to add a sleeping platform with a drawer system to the bed, which is why I got the add a leaf. I need to store lots of tools for work in one large drawer and storage for some gear and firearms in the other. Maybe eventually a winch behind the factory front bumper and a roof rack on the cap.

Take a look at my build thread. I have the decked drawer setup on my truck for that same reason.

cdclpc

I've actually read your build thread and that is what lead me to join this site. Lol. It's an awesome truck.
The decked system seems too be a little to expensive for me. I think I can build something that will be solid and serve the purpose. I love this truck. I just wish it was 4wd. I keep thinking of trading for a new(er) one, but just can't justify it. I drive so much that the miles would pile up quickly.

Bushcoat

one trail at a time
Hooray for the 2wd. My main truck is also 2wd.

I like how you did the 2 tone to match the cap.

cdclpc

b85f5c5dd93acc144768a6025caf3985.jpg

I broke down and traded it in today. Identical to the one pictured. New pics and thread to come. It was hard to do, but I love this new truck so far.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bad Taste