Project Bird Hunter

WyoCherokee

Adventurer
Quick update... I had planned to buy gears and lockers for my D30 and Chry 8.25 and have a local shop set them up. Well i ran across a deal on craigslist i couldnt pass up:
96 Dana 30 HP, 4.56's, aussie locker, trussed, rebuilt, new bearings, u-joints, seals, extra axles / hub bearings
Ford 8.8 lim slip, 4.56's, disc brakes, rebuilt, welded tubes, extra axles, spare rear driveshaft and flange adaptor
All new pads and calipers for both axles. They came right out of a 99 cherokee, so the 8.8 has already been clocked, shock mounts raised, and brake lines made.

$1200 and a tank of diesel to go get em. Now i just have to pressure wash em, paint em, change gear oil, and put new UCA bushings in the D30, and install them.

WyoCherokee

Adventurer
well we had an early fall storm blow through with 2 straight days of rain, so i cleane dout teh garage and got the axles installed and swapped out. As always, nothing major goes without issues. Had the wrong rotors for the D30, so they rubbed the knuckle and wouldnt budge, had to change out the e-brake shoes on the 8.8, stripped out the caliper slider bolts on the dana 30. But they are installed and i have the typical aussie locker "thud thud thud" when turning. She drives much better with 32's and is more street friendly.
20160923_200508.jpg

WyoCherokee

Adventurer
Managed to snag a THOR cowl intake. for those not familiar with them, they are the preferred intake for an XJ and are a true CAI, as they pull air from under the protected part of the cowl. THOR had gone out of business, but has recently come back on line. It should arrive this week.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior

Members online