Pay Line-X to Bedliner Entire Paint Job? Cost?

gohuge

Observer
Raptor Liner diy sprayed by me on my Ford Excursion. Easy to do, it's all in the prep.
Cost me $600 to do. Linked in my sig.

Last edited:

archmckinnon

Raptorliner Tintable Liner

I researched all the bedliner products when I decided to line my 1989 Trooper. I decided to use Raptorliner. I tinted the Liner white for the upper parts of the vehicle and I applied 9 coats of liner for the bottom half. I two toned it and I have had no problems with the liner. when you pressre wash it all the dirt washes off and it has a pearl glow to it.
I would not hesitate recommending it to anyone.

Arch

Attachments

• 89troopls.jpg
    89troopls.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 79

-ND4SPD-

Raptor Liner is the closest DIY spray that resembles the texture of Line-X. Most roll-on's like Monstaliner have a very rough texture up close. I've seen some people get the texture to be better but often they are professionals or have rolled that product on several friends vehicles to get the process down. Raptor is very consistant in texture across the whole vehicle & much faster to apply as a spray.

Zeiderman

Adventurer
Raptor Liner is the closest DIY spray that resembles the texture of Line-X. Most roll-on's like Monstaliner have a very rough texture up close. I've seen some people get the texture to be better but often they are professionals or have rolled that product on several friends vehicles to get the process down. Raptor is very consistant in texture across the whole vehicle & much faster to apply as a spray.

Ehhh? Monstaliner is not rough at all. At least rolled on, which way did you go?

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
It can be when rolled on, just depends on the person behind the roller.

If it is done real wet it will lay down well.

The more dry you roll it, the more texture you get.

goodtimes

Expedition Poseur
My boyfriend thinks that it will fade and look like "*****" in one year. So then I thought.. what about paying Line-x to professionally spray my truck... cause when they spray in the liners they are crazy durable! And maybe they could add a color too?? Like red :Wow1:

I agree with your boyfriend. They look *ok* when the coating is new, but I've never seen one that looked good after a year. Even the textured powder coat that is (somehow) popular on bumpers is hard to keep looking nice after a bit of time. Obviously that's my opinion - yours may differ.

Traditional automotive paint isn't terribly expensive (some colors are more than others), and in the quantity you'd need to paint the entire thing, it's probably cheaper than any of the bedliner materials. HVLP guns are pretty inexpensive & easy enough to use that even first-timers can get decent results.

-ND4SPD-

Ehhh? Monstaliner is not rough at all. At least rolled on, which way did you go?

I've seen Monstaliner & Raptorliner side by side. I've seen Raptorliner & Line-X side by side. In person there was no doubt that sprayed on liners (not aerosol spray cans) had a much smoother texture. Which texture is right for you is a matter of preference.

I tend to think that for a bed of a truck it's not an issue but if you're coating the inside of a van, tub of a jeep, or the exterior of anything... the texture becomes important. The more texture the more dirt & grime it will hold. Many companies like Rhino & Line-X offer a clear top coat that has better UV resistance to prevent fading & also repels dirt/mud better. Of course that always means more money spent. Many people just spray an automotive clear coat over any lining to get more gloss & added protection. There are a lot of ways to accomplish your goals.

JeepRaptorLiner.jpg

Zeiderman

Adventurer
I've seen Monstaliner & Raptorliner side by side. I've seen Raptorliner & Line-X side by side. In person there was no doubt that sprayed on liners (not aerosol spray cans) had a much smoother texture. Which texture is right for you is a matter of preference.

I tend to think that for a bed of a truck it's not an issue but if you're coating the inside of a van, tub of a jeep, or the exterior of anything... the texture becomes important. The more texture the more dirt & grime it will hold. Many companies like Rhino & Line-X offer a clear top coat that has better UV resistance to prevent fading & also repels dirt/mud better. Of course that always means more money spent. Many people just spray an automotive clear coat over any lining to get more gloss & added protection. There are a lot of ways to accomplish your goals.

View attachment 320006
Yeah maybe sprayed it's rough, but rolled ML is not, though it does have texture imparted by the roller I wouldn't consider it rough at all.

You can order free color samples from ML, the texture you get on the card is the same as rolled.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

-ND4SPD-

The outside is sprayed Raptor & the inside square is rolled on Monsta. They both are good products, choose whichever suits your fancy.

You can also spray Monstaliner but I've never seen the results in person like I have these so i'll refrain from making a comparison. Online it looks pretty good.

If I had to choose I'd go Line-X but if you're on a budget or a DIY'er then Raptor has a very similar look but not quite as durable (but no diy liner is for that matter).

14.jpg

gohuge

Observer
I agree with your boyfriend. They look *ok* when the coating is new, but I've never seen one that looked good after a year. Even the textured powder coat that is (somehow) popular on bumpers is hard to keep looking nice after a bit of time. Obviously that's my opinion - yours may differ.

Traditional automotive paint isn't terribly expensive (some colors are more than others), and in the quantity you'd need to paint the entire thing, it's probably cheaper than any of the bedliner materials. HVLP guns are pretty inexpensive & easy enough to use that even first-timers can get decent results.

Not all liners are created equal. Raptor uses auto paint tint (supplied by user)...and has a uv protectant in it. Can also be cleared over after application, with a secondary uv clear.

I had a black truck liner in AZ and it faded too. But if I was spraying an entire vehicle for AZ, it would be a light color...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior