Base Camp - Small Off-Road Toy Hauler - Slide-out Kitchen

elmo_4_vt

Explorer
I've had a lot of interest, but no one's come through yet. I need to get this sold to start the next project. Lowered the price again by $500 to $6,500. The first post is updated.

Don

-

CrabbyMcNab

Adventurer
Thanks for the compliment! Though sleeping 4 wouldn't be that hard. We could install a fold down bunk bed along the side of the trailer, above the queen bed for 1, under the bed for 1, and 2 on the queen size mattress. I'd only take a half day of fab! :wings:

Don

-
You make this soooooo tempting. Delaware isn't far from Maryland, you can't recreate this for the price listed without the shop/tools/knowledge/time, a perfect size to get around. This trailer has made me rethink my whole plan on getting the rest of the family in the outdoors.

elmo_4_vt

Explorer
Bump. Reduced price by another $500 to $6000. Still have had a lot of interest, but no one has pulled the trigger. Let me know of any questions. I can't update the first post for some reason? I'll contact a Mod and see what's up. I'll deliver up to 2 hrs for free w/ full payment.

Don

-

Crusty

Posted a link to this post on ADV rider... can't believe no one has snatched this up; if only my GSA would fit.

elmo_4_vt

Explorer
Thanks Guys... It's still for sale. I picked up some plywood and am going to finish off the doors and drawer fronts while I'm building the cabinets for my new trailer since some people seem to think the cabinets look unfinished. To me, it was fine, but I can understand that as well, and adding some facing to the drawers won't be very difficult.

Don

-

Crusty

Don't want you to kill too many brain cells pondering it, but any thoughts on making the corridor a little wider to fit my GS Adventure without too much work? Not sure how wide it is now, but there are some quick measurements.

Widest part of front of bike is 35" wide; 27" back from front of wheel
At the panniers it is 40" wide; 68" back from front of wheel (though I could remove panniers if they were an issue)

12932650_10206669467802435_6940793039369922896_n.jpg

Last edited:

elmo_4_vt

Explorer
Just an update since I'm thinking about it... The trailer was sold a couple months ago to a fine gentleman from Colorado. This was originally built so that I could use it to take the family out there, so at least the trailer made it's way out there, even if the family and I didn't. Good luck and safe travels to the new owner.

Don

-

Crusty

I'll keep an eye out for it... spent many an hour pondering buying this... if only my bike fit. The build has inspired me and I just pinged the trailer manufacturer about a few things; debating buying the ready to roll (externally) one I posted about in another thread or ordering one, waiting the 2 months for it to be built, and spending the winter working the inside. THanks for the inspiration; glad it found a good home!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94