DRE's New FWC Project

SSSSTFIRE

Adventurer
Wow, an incredible build and an excellent thread. Indeed, thank you for all the effort to document and share your project with the rest of us. I've gotten a ton of great ideas, especially once I figured out the fix to the Photobucket hosting fiasco.

This and a few other threads were instrumental in guiding elements of my project. For you or any other Ford Superduty folks who might see this; what shocks are you running and how do you feel the side to side sway in the rig is? I tried to spy what you were using from the pics but couldn't really tell, Bilsteins maybe?

Cheers!!

Attachments

• IMAG0984.jpg
    IMAG0984.jpg
    551.1 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:

elmo_4_vt

Explorer
Thanks for the input. Your build looks sweet too and it's always great to see the old fords being kept up. Was that a 6ft bed or 8ft?

The shocks I used were Bilsteins.

Also, what was the photobucket fix that you talked about. I've been meaning to put a link to a fix, but haven't done the research to figure what is the best way for people. I still haven't gotten the pictures to another hosting site.

Don

SSSSTFIRE

Adventurer
Thanks for the input. Your build looks sweet too and it's always great to see the old fords being kept up. Was that a 6ft bed or 8ft?

The shocks I used were Bilsteins.

Also, what was the photobucket fix that you talked about. I've been meaning to put a link to a fix, but haven't done the research to figure what is the best way for people. I still haven't gotten the pictures to another hosting site.

Don

Thanks for the confirmation of the Bilsteins. Are they 5100's or 5160's or something else? I'm running 5100's on my 1500 Dodge but thought they might be a bit "soft" for a near 12,000# rig.

The truck is a 2002 F350 and was originally a short bed, 6.5 ft (78"). The flatbed is now 96", 80" for the camper and 16" for the through box.

As for the Photobucket "fix" I use Chrome and installed an Extension to solve the issue. Keep in mind this only solves it on the viewer's side, not the host.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/...dg?utm_source=chrome-app-launcher-info-dialog

There seem to be a few different options for Chrome and Firefox, not sure about users of IE.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94