Fjallraven sizing...

OwyheeMagpie

Adventurer and Explorer
Anyone familiar with their sizing? I looked up the sizing and converted it to US but I'm picky on how my clothes fit and was wondering if they tend to fit big or small or the sizing is spot on. Are there any outdoor places in CA that sell their products so I could try them on or are there any web sites that have free return shipping if it doesn't fit? I really like their stuff but I want to make sure I'm totally happy before I drop 150 bucks on pants. Lastly, any tall skinny folks here? I'm about 6ft and 142 pounds and I like their tall sizing, any compliments or complaints about that fitment?

Any American alternatives to their stuff or at least other brands I can get locally? I like REI but the clothes they offer don't suit my style.

Thanks!

-Big Al

digitaldelay

Explorer
I got a good deal on a pair of their pants earlier this year from Altitude Sports here in Canada. Their EU size of 50 translated to a US size of 33"-34". I was hoping they would be more to the 34" end. I'm 6'3", 190lbs and they are possibly the most comfortable pants I've ever owned. I have a hard time finding pants long enough. These came unfinished, so I had just a minimal hem added so they are still plenty long with hiking boots.

These are mine here:

http://www.fjallravencanada.com/ovik-trousers.html

I might try adding some Greenland Wax at some point. Even just on the lower leg so I don't have to wear gaiters while hiking.

Once you figure out your size, definitely try a pair. I'm finding these Scandinavian brands (Fjallraven, H/H, etc.) are just the ticket for us tall skinny folks.

Jason

Last edited:

OwyheeMagpie

Adventurer and Explorer
What brand is HH? Also, you hoped they fit closer to 34 but what do you think the real size was? My problem is sizing/QC is so crappy with most clothing companies that I'll grab 3 of the same exact pants off a shelf and see which pair fit the best. Sometimes they'll fit perfect and the other exact pair might have a 2-3 finger gap at my waist. It's like really guys...could you be any more inconsistent?

How's the articulation around the knees and crotch? I'll be hiking, rock climbing and riding my dual sport in these pants. From what I can tell I'm guessing their 46 would fit me. So many colors, I can't just have one!

digitaldelay

Explorer
What brand is HH? Also, you hoped they fit closer to 34 but what do you think the real size was? My problem is sizing/QC is so crappy with most clothing companies that I'll grab 3 of the same exact pants off a shelf and see which pair fit the best. Sometimes they'll fit perfect and the other exact pair might have a 2-3 finger gap at my waist. It's like really guys...could you be any more inconsistent?

How's the articulation around the knees and crotch? I'll be hiking, rock climbing and riding my dual sport in these pants. From what I can tell I'm guessing their 46 would fit me. So many colors, I can't just have one!

H/H = Helly Hansen

They must be 34" because there's no way I could squeeze into a 33" these days.

The front and seat is fairly slim-fitting but the legs have great articulation.

Jason

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

_Aaron_

Observer
I'm 6'3" and 180 lbs. Their pants in Tall work really well for me;I have the Kebs.

(My usual pant size is 32x34)

jerdog53

Explorer
Okay I have a pair of Fjallraven Gaiter Trouser #1 in a size 46. I am 5'8" and #155 and these pants fit me perfect and are by far the most comfortable pants I own.

Look like these

fd6dbfc3490934f90bd8f48f22c3afde.jpg

The wife really likes the way they look on me....

GHI

Adventurer
Check out Nordstroms website for free shipping and free return shipping. They have a limited selection of Fjallraven though. My wife just went through the process of returning 3 pairs of boots to get the fit right. They email you a shipping label and you send the product back. It was really simple with no fuss about it.

jymmiejamz

Adventurer
I'm about 6ft and 142 pounds and I like their tall sizing, any compliments or complaints about that fitment?

Vidda Pro will fit you best. I am 6' and right around 145-150#. I wear a 44 in Fjällräven pants. Anything from the numbers line runs big in my experience.

OwyheeMagpie

Adventurer and Explorer
Vidda Pro will fit you best. I am 6' and right around 145-150#. I wear a 44 in Fjällräven pants. Anything from the numbers line runs big in my experience.

You wear the tall or normal 44?

My wife got me some cargo pocket Carhartt pants and they're sweet! But I'm still getting a pair of Fjallraven too. I'm starting to think I probably don't need the "tall" version Fjallraven but I was hoping someone could educate me if they're a good idea. I just can't stand wearing poor fitting clothes. Especially pants. Since Fjallraven pants look fitted or are European sizing I'm guessing the inseam is probably longer than what I'm used to for jeans.

jymmiejamz

Adventurer
Mine are the regular length, but I always wear them with boots. Tall would probably be good. I've got a pair of Greenland trousers that I bought on sale and don't wear that I would sell for very cheap. They are baggier than I like.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94

Members online