Snow boots, what should I look at.

JCTex

Observer
I'm not intended to be cute; but which boot is. ot the first question. Start with socks. You have no idea what size you need untill you measur your foot with your sock system on. I recommend a thin synthetic liner sock to wick moisture. Next, a winter-thick synthetic blend outer sock. These feel very much like wool. They have different blends and thickness for different parts of the foot. Don't pull your sock on too tightly. Leave lots of toe wiggle room. In that regard, when you're trying on candidates, If hou can't feel at least 4 toes wiggling, the boots are not wide enough across your toes or are too short. If uou get lace up, make the upper lace points be hooks ILO little D-rings that you can't thread with gloves. Snow boots that come high on the calf are uncomfortable on long hikes and unnecessary. Instead, get a waterproof pair of good gaiters that come just below your knee. Velcro gaiters are easier than snap type, but if snow freezes in hook side, Velcro won't work. Last, the old saying is really, really true. If you are outside and your feet are cold, it's probably because the top of your head is uncovered or not covered enough.

Jerry L

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94