Ordered 16 RAM 3500

zb39

Adventurer
Ram bought back my 2011 under the recall/buyback. So I ordered a 3500 DRW crew cab Laramie Limited. Got all the goodies. We pull a 5th wheel or put on a arctic fox 1150. We want to go back to Alaska in a few years so were getting things in order now. I'm looking at a buckstop bumper with winch. We also pull a jeep rubicon 4 wheels down when we have the truck camper on. For the last 22 years we were in diff DP motorhomes. Did 49 states and 7 provinces. Both kids are in college now so we are down sizing. Not sure if this is a overland rig but I think it will be fun.

zb39

Adventurer
Sounds like it will haul just about anything you will want to.
Is it a diesel?

Yes, Aasin and 385HP and 900tq can't wait. I will check out AEV, I thought they only did jeep stuff. 2011 had the tie rod recall. I was never notified so it was not fixed.
RAM was fined for not doing a good job of notifying people. Part of the fine was having to buy back trucks with that recall that had not been fixed. If your truck was fixed they do not have to buy it back. To be fair I never had an issue with my truck and had just got home from a 8000 mile trip with the 5th wheel.

I read about the recall and looked into it. They are required to pay NADA + 10% for the buy back. Well, that was 4k less than I paid for it 4.5 years and 42k miles ago. So I took it. The truck was never at the dealership for anything. I would have kept it forever. But I couldn't turn down that price. So, now I move to a stronger engine and a 14kGVW
Also has a 6k front axle and a 9750lbs RAWR. Time for a Host triple slide camper!!!

zb39

Adventurer
Got the slide in loaded on sat and of course it snowed that night. Getting ready to head out to the Knob Creek shoot.

Attachments

• IMG_4489.jpg
    IMG_4489.jpg
    523.3 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_4490.jpg
    IMG_4490.jpg
    514.4 KB · Views: 11

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bad Taste