Aberdeen Washington: 2002 Suburban 4x4 z71 G80 Adeventuremobile/home/photostudio

Every Miles A Memory

Expedition Leader
You've got some good ideas going on here. The wife and I spent 2.5 months down in Baja during our 4 year trip roaming North America (BAJA Trip Report). Aside from a good set of shocks (The Roads suck) some 10ply tires, a good compressor to air up after airing down all the time, a good CB, and satellite radio to actually have a signal the entire time, you'll be fine with a bone stock truck.

I'd make up a set of window screens to put in when camping in good weather.

Another hint we learned the hard way. Set up a webpage where you upload all your images to with a big watermark on them. Once uploaded to your own site, copy the link address and paste that on various forums you're posting your images too. We have had a ton of issues with people stealing images, using them in all sorts of different ways. Lots of folks will gripe about hating watermarked images, but if this is what your wife/girlfriend is doing for a living, she should never post anything without a watermark on it.

Cant wait to follow along on this adventure. Funny thing was, I'm already following her on Instagram and didnt realize it was the same photos till I saw the Burb on here

kins18q

Adventurer
Thanks Pat! Good advice. Got the shocks, tires, compressor...Now need to get Kat on the watermark bandwagon. What was the can't miss spot in Baja?

boll_rig

Adventurer
The back came out great! Really like the wood finish. I'm debating exactly how to build out the back of mine right now and I like the lockbox idea for camera gear that you went with. Might have to building something like that. Have you thought about a solar shower. And by that I mean black 6 in PVC tube mounted on your rack to get heated by the sun. Did you end up going with a Dual battery system?

Every Miles A Memory

Expedition Leader
What was the can't miss spot in Baja?

Camped at San Ignasio is as picturesque as it gets

As%20Close%20to%20Paradise%20as%20you%20can%20get%20-%20San%20Ignasio%202008-L.jpg

We camped in Bahia Asuncion and fell in love so much we ended up buying property there. Fantastic little place to use as a base camp and do day trips from

Parked%20Sea%20Side%20along%20the%20Pacific%20Ocean%20-%20Baja%20California%20Sur-L.jpg

Left out of La Paz and did a boat tour of Isla Espiritu Santo - Link to photos

When we go back, I'd spend some time out on that island. It's amazing!!

boll_rig

Adventurer
Also another way to do your images is upload them to google photos if you have a google account. Then click the share button, when it gives you a link copy and a paste it to a new window. Then click the image from that new window, it will now open into your large image, right click on that, copy image url, then paste it into the "photo from url" in the uploader. Works well just need to set your image size not too big when you save them, i.e. 1000pixels..

Also wondering if you have had any problem with the velcro to your windows peeling off due to heat. Ive tried in the past with other material and was the case. Just got some reflectix and wondering the best way to put it up.

kins18q

Adventurer
Sorry for the late response, I would recommend cutting the reflectix slightly longer and taller than you would expect...maybe an inch or so so it will fit without the tape/velcro. The velcro we have sucks, its way stronger than the adhesive so it ends up tearing the whole thing off when you take it off. If I had known I would have just them to fit tight. A few of mine are that way and they the easiest to put in and the most secure.

bald.eagle

Observer
You guys have a killer Suburban. I have an 02 LT 4x4 and I'm working on a lot of the same mods you guys have done. Did a 2" lift (torsion keys/spacers), 285/75 Cooper ATP's, and I'm about to tackle some maintenance items before really getting into this build. I have three kids so my build is going to require keeping the second row, and I'm designing my bed platform to fit behind the third row but will also expand to a full 6' when the cargo area is clear.

How is that side cubby secured? I'm interested in building something similar, but short of covering the rear door. With kids riding in the rear seats, I need to be sure the cabinet can be safely secured in place.

Good to see you guys using the truck for the purpose you built it for- enjoy your travels.

unabashedpraise

Adventurer
I haven't checked this thread in awhile. But I just realized I was watching you guys on YouTube a couple days ago while searching for suburban stuff. Small(ish) world.

Love the fridge console.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles