Cooper ST Maxx vs AT3

jpop8807

Observer
The AT3's from what I've heard are great for what they are, or the ATP's (discounts tires version). They ride pretty quiet, and they are much cheaper then the KO2's

Chuck59

Observer
I'm currently running Cooper STT's. Have been very happy with them. They have over 60,000 miles on mostly hard roads with a significant amount of miles on gravel, mud and snow. They have served me well. Will be replacing them with ST Maxx's in August. My local dealer has a buy 3 get one free sale. Will be buying 5. 31X10.5X15 in a load range "C".

huerta32

Observer
I can only speak for the Maxx and they have been great tires, good road manners and excellent off road. I drive on some very rocky terrain out here in California and Nevada but these tires just eat it all up

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

mrsa111

Observer
Can anyone give a comparison between the maxx and other AT tires purely for road use? i was originally torn between the AT3 and duratracs, now after reading this the maxx seems like a good option as well.
I know they're good offroad, so no concern there, just looking for feedback in terms of rolling resistance, handling and any noticeable difference in acceleration and braking on road. If they're no worse, or not much worse than an at3 or duratrac I may go with these. weight seems comparable to duratracs if im correct.
these are going on a underpowered van that will see A LOT of highway, mountain roads, etc. but also will see plenty of offroading and decent amount of abuse.

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
I had the ST MAXX on my Jeep before my BFG ATs. The st maxx wears like iron. They last A LONG time. they are very STIFF and rough...even at lower pressures, and mine had an inherent pull no matter what I did to try to get it out. Conversely, my BFGs ride very good, still wear like iron are lighter, therefore gets better milage. ST maxx are awesome, the BFG are awesome...depends on what you are looking for.

Sock Puppet

Adventurer
Everyone seems to be having good luck with the ST Maxx's plus Cooper supports American jobs.

They 'mostly' do. I thought all Coopers were made in the USA, and they were my go-to brand for many years. I bought a set of Zeon RS3A for my wife's car and they were stamped 'made in China' right on the sidewall. Called Discount Tire about it and they did some research and told me Cooper also has a factory in China, from which these tires came. I still like Cooper but don't assume they are all made in the US.

1stDeuce

Explorer
FYI, all the Cooper "Light Truck" tires are made here, mostly in Findlay, OH. Pass car and suv style tires, all bets off. Still better than most manufacturers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior