My custom table

cliniford

Observer
4dd2c63b9019eb698dc92826afd58e17.jpg
98720d9df390da4ac0ffaa9d07ff5959.jpg
ec5898f39733cc5c9737ca42d203be89.jpg
c8679a437abc58ce3a423bdb6e997095.jpg

So I wanted an easy to setup table that was large enough for stove and all meal fixings. Looked at the plastic lifetime tables and just wasn't feeling it. So this is what I came up with. Weighs all of about 7-8 lbs. it's strong enough to support all I need and large enough for my cooking style. Plus it only cost me about $65 in materials.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cliniford

Observer
The only thing I am going to change is the para cord that it is hung by. Para cord stretches to much so I will switch to a light coated aircraft cable. Also going to drill some holes in the front lip to hang cooking utensils.

Louisd75

Adventurer
The only thing I am going to change is the para cord that it is hung by. Para cord stretches to much so I will switch to a light coated aircraft cable. Also going to drill some holes in the front lip to hang cooking utensils.

Looks familiar :)

DSCN4096.jpg

There's more info on mine in my signature link below.

I recommend having a way to adjust the length of the cables if you go that route. It'll make it easier to use the table if the ground isn't level (ie, quick lunch stops).

Another tip, if you leave it on the outside of the truck when you go to bed you should lift the back edge up so that the table is resting against the truck sorta vertically. Otherwise there's a good chance that you'll be cleaning bird crap off in the morning before making breakfast :chef:

cliniford

Observer
Looks familiar :)

DSCN4096.jpg

There's more info on mine in my signature link below.

I recommend having a way to adjust the length of the cables if you go that route. It'll make it easier to use the table if the ground isn't level (ie, quick lunch stops).

Another tip, if you leave it on the outside of the truck when you go to bed you should lift the back edge up so that the table is resting against the truck sorta vertically. Otherwise there's a good chance that you'll be cleaning bird crap off in the morning before making breakfast :chef:

That's awesome. Good idea on the adjustable straps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94