2011 Ram 1500 Quad Cab

virginia_jeeper

Craft Beer Explorer
Hey all,

This is not going to be so much a build post, as much as it will be to put anything associated with the Ram.

Back story: I have a 2001 Jeep Cherokee that is lifted, awning, water, rack, blah blah blah... that is my main expo rig. But I work almost an hour away and needed something a little more economical to drive back and forth to work so I bought a 1998 Honda Civic Sedan with 103,xxx miles. Within 2000 miles I had to do a water pump, timing belt, rear seal, front seal, and oil pan gasket at the tune to about 1100 bucks. I put another 30k on it when a main bearing went at 0530 in the morning on the interstate on the way to work. Well, they wanted 3k for a new motor and I still owed 2k on it. Made no sense to have 5k invested in a car worth 900 bucks. So I decided to get something else. Initially I wanted to stay in a car but with a new job transfer and raise coming in a month I decided to pull the gun on something a little less economical and a little more expensive than I originally wanted. so, I bought a 2011 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4x4 with the 5.7L Hemi and 3.92 gears, tow package, skids, and at tires. I love the damned thing. And I stole it, 15.5k...

I have gotten the windows tinted to match and ordered a HBS 2.5" leveling kit. Weathertechs are on the way as well.

Anyways I guess its time to join the fullsize now.

virginia_jeeper

Craft Beer Explorer
Scrapping, dragging sound from the front end in the first 15-20 minutes of driving. Cant feel anything in the steering, yesterday I had a horrendous scrapping sound but couldn't feel it and it went away, maybe a loose mount or skid? Any ideas? Ill have the dealer look at it seeing as its probably going to be a warranty item.

virginia_jeeper

Craft Beer Explorer
Went to have a shop put the leveling kit on, bad news... I need new LCA's, the lower strut bolt is seized to the metal sleeve in the bushing.

virginia_jeeper

Craft Beer Explorer
Hey all,

Nothing new with the truck. But I did score a Coleman 4 person tent, and Coleman Camp Kitchen to go with my current Coleman table. Looking forward to doing some camping this new year.

t4rFL

Adventurer
recently purchased a 2011 QC Hemi 4x4, as well. bought as my daily/tow rig, but now i'm wanting to use it for some of my trips, in addition to my 4runner.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles