K.Ray's Lame Tacoma Build Thread

Bretthn

Explorer
That sucks but it doesn't look like it got your spirits down. I am curious if you don't mind me asking, did insurance wipe their hands of this or help you out?

Now lets see a marathon video of all your goodies going back on the new truck in 5 minutes.

K.Ray

Adventurer
That sucks but it doesn't look like it got your spirits down. I am curious if you don't mind me asking, did insurance wipe their hands of this or help you out?

Now lets see a marathon video of all your goodies going back on the new truck in 5 minutes.

Insurance worked the way it should. I'll leave it at that.

Unfortunately, a marathon video wont happen because a slew of parts were damaged or destroyed. The main part would be the 2 month old WARN winch that failed the second it hit the water. I wont be buying from them again. Tuff Stuff makes a waterproof setup for a quarter of the price that comes with synth line and a wireless remote. Live and learn. Bilstein is sending replacement strut bits to replace a blown unit. They were awesome to deal with. As things come back around we'll continue to bolt things on to the new rig.

One minor change won't happen for a minute. We plan to flatbed the thing and slap a four wheel camper shell on it. *drop mic*

JPR4LFE

Adventurer
This is one of my biggest fears in offroading. Glad everyone made it out ok, as the saying goes, and given the depth of the river in your photos, could have been a lot worse...

K.Ray

Adventurer
This is one of my biggest fears in offroading. Glad everyone made it out ok, as the saying goes, and given the depth of the river in your photos, could have been a lot worse...

Exactly that. It wasn't actually deep on the road shelf. Maybe waist high. Off the shelf...who knows. many valuable lessons were learned.

Greenbean

B.S. Goodwrench
Oh my stars man, I am SO sorry that happened to you....

For real, I first hand know how bad a situation can turn for the worst in mere seconds!

I am SO thankful your OK though and seems you handled it better than most. Sorry about the winch also...

Hope the new rig proves to be better with what you need and such!

Wow...

That pic of your truck in the river just makes me sink...

MAD PROPS to Bowman Odyssey for the transport of the Tacoma all the way back to Tennessee.:smiley_drive:

Last edited:

K.Ray

Adventurer
With the passing of the Tacoma, this marks the end of this thread.

I've decided to move my content away from ExpoPortal due to its locked down nature and inability to allow guests to view content. The issue over editing older posts (my index) was never taken seriously by any moderators, which added to the issues this forums created for me. These topics made it very difficult to organize and share content for someone trying to engage the community in a well thought-out manner.

I haven't yet decided where to start my new build-thread but will post a link here when I do.

Cheers, and thank you all for your support and well wishes.

K.Ray

Adventurer
Not trying to sway your decision either way, but just FYI the 'editing older posts' issue was just fixed within the last 2 weeks (http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/156054-*-FIXED-*-Unable-to-edit-my-posts). Good luck with the new truck, and make sure to post a link to the new build thread!

Well. That's fancy.

That does kind of sway things. I still hate that family members or fans that have no reason to sign up for portal must before they can see my thread. I'll mull it over some more. Thanks for letting me know about the editing posts thing.

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
Wow, quite the game ender for that truck.

Out of curiosity, what map shows the Delores crossing as a State Road??

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
Well. That's fancy.

That does kind of sway things. I still hate that family members or fans that have no reason to sign up for portal must before they can see my thread. I'll mull it over some more. Thanks for letting me know about the editing posts thing.

Lol, fans?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior