1999 Ford Ranger 4 door Paraguay

Ok, so we had a concert Saturday night and it was pouring rain Saturday morning and our drummer did not want to leave his house because it was raining. So, I went with his brother to pick him up and we put his motorcycle in the bed because he wanted to come home later that night. Little did I know that the road was going to be so muddy and flooded. This is the deepest water crossing I have done. Now I want lift because my heart was about to beat out of my chest. I just kept thinking that I was about to lose the truck!

I did not even know he was taking the video because I was so focused on driving! Anyway, here it is, enjoy!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vwC0WPgeOY4

20160428_100406.jpg20160428_111617.jpg

Well, I had the oil changed today and the truck cleaned up. It was about time to get the truck cleaned after all of the rain and mud we have enough been having.

Just move to a foreign country and you shall have your choice.

On another note I am pretty sure that we were swindled yesterday at the Paraguayan and Argentine border. We had to leave to renew our visas and I was going to try and go across with my truck because I just got the documents in my name. It should have cost us nothing but it ended up costing about $80. The guy said that we had to leave for three days but I am pretty sure that was a lie. We paid the money and did it enter but the stamps in our passports say we did! I am pretty sure it was a lie because the guy could not produce a receipt.

Nothing major today, but I did have some new headlights and fog lights put in today. I noticed earlier today that my driver's side headlight was out and the police are bad to stop you for that here so I did not waste anytime replacing it. There is no reason to give them a reason to hassle me.

A little more carnage from the roads here in Paraguay. A cut in the sidewall of the passenger side front tire. We were blessed in that we drove 6 hours that day and when my wife opened the gate when we got home she said that she heard a loud hiss. Sure enough the tire was going flat but we were able to make it home. It was about 9:30 when we got home and the road that we drive to get home is very sparsely populated and we very rarely see traffic that late. I changed it the next morning and the tire had gone completely flat. This also now means that will have had a flat in each of these tires since owning this truck for less than a year. They are not your cheap off brand tires either. The fronts are Firestone destination A/T and the backs are Bridgestone Dueler A/T.

Attachments

• 20160926_114054.jpg
    20160926_114054.jpg
    544.4 KB · Views: 4
It has been a while since I have been on here. We have been pretty busy teaching music and running back and forth trying to get all of our documents taken care of. But we were able to get out the other day and do a bit of exploring when we came across this bridge. It looked like people were crossing it but it also had a sign that said it was dangerous. They are in the process of building another one. We also came across a bridge on this road that had washed away. They were in the process of replacing it. That meant we had to cross the sketchy bridge in the video not once but twice that day. We will not be going back down that road again until the bridges are finished. It was not until we were on the bridge that we noticed there were boards missing! Haha. Enjoy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke