QuadsBC's 05 Double Cab Tundra Family Expo Build

QuadsBC

Adventurer
Here was one of my subaru builds.
87990285-A4FC-44B7-A713-B361D9520D48-2540-000003D74C2A74E0.jpg

marathonracer

Adventurer
Yes will need to tub and trim a lot. Pretty happy about not having limited flares. Less holes to fill. Another tundra owner from maine? I'm out by bar harbor, yourself?
Just down the road from you in Ellsworth. You are going to love the tundra after you get used to the fact that it's like trying to turn an aircraft carrier in the woods! I got mine as a kid/ lab hauler too when I sold my Tacoma.

QuadsBC

Adventurer
Just down the road from you in Ellsworth. You are going to love the tundra after you get used to the fact that it's like trying to turn an aircraft carrier in the woods! I got mine as a kid/ lab hauler too when I sold my Tacoma.

Most trips to Ellsworth are in my wife's Honda Pilot, but sometimes i take the 4Runner up there. Seen it around? For wheeling/ exploring I frequent the wind towers, tunk lake and aruora.

Also looking for a topper, know anyone selling one?

dyogim

Explorer
Don't mean to derail your thread, just wanted to post a pic of the manual tcase I installed in my 00 V8 1st gen.

IMG-20120122-00011.jpg

character zero

dangerfoot
Hey man- Glad you got your hands on the truck finally! I'm happy to have been of assistance in tracking this down - told you there were deals to be had far from the rust belt!

I'll be following your build here, I'm really interested to see how it works out.

03rubicon

Adventurer
Glad to see another Mainer in the house. I always loved the older Tundra's as they are the best of all worlds. Form and function and the V8 doesn't hurt either. Maybe I'll see you around the state. Im further south in Arundel, but we get out all over the State of Maine.

huntsonora

Explorer
Got some big tires!

And some bad news. I received the truck Monday night, yesterday snowed 8" and today I was finally able to go through the truck. Normal run through of the fluids, check switches, heat... You get the idea. Seeping valve cover bolts were re torqued to 53in lbs. Remove the oil cap to find this:

Pretty pissed. Cleaned it and went for a 5 mile drive, looks similar. I guess I'll get an oil change and check the results.
The oil on the dipstick is still Amber and not cloudy, and there isn't any oil in the coolant. Any outside input?

You should be fine, as others have said its most likely condensation from short trips. I have an 06 Tundra like yours and I've found that the Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 5W-30 quiets the lifters in the 2UZ-FE better than any of the other oils I have used. Use a quality oil and that condensation shouldn't be a huge issue

marathonracer

Adventurer
Most trips to Ellsworth are in my wife's Honda Pilot, but sometimes i take the 4Runner up there. Seen it around? For wheeling/ exploring I frequent the wind towers, tunk lake and aruora.

Also looking for a topper, know anyone selling one?
I'll keep my eye out for one and let you know.
I've passed your 4runner in Trenton before.

QuadsBC

Adventurer
Today I removed thoes stupid chrome flares. Drained (what wasn't frozen) windshield washer fluid and replaced with -20. Changed the oil, went for a decent drive, looks clean and clear.

woodeye

Observer
Condensation in oil cap

This happened to me a long time ago, in an old ford. I put the wrong temp
thermostat in which resulted in the "foaming under the cap" and it wasn't short
trips cause I worked 20 miles from home. So something to check.

Woody

kevinrx7

Observer
b0b6df39b97957522857c0cf6c20035f.jpg

Another Mainer with a grey double cab. I'm in Brewer, welcome to the club. I've had mine 6 years now and plan to keep it many more. I have the same problem with condensation on my oil cap. Just drive it harder, longer and it will clear up.

Sent from my USCC-E6762 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier