QuadsBC's 05 Double Cab Tundra Family Expo Build

QuadsBC

Adventurer
I was thinking about hitting the mirrors with some satin black but color matched would probably look better. Have a picture of yours?

Was able to pick up my spare wheel. Can't wait until I get everything together.

jonesw3

Adventurer
I would love to have a set of those wheels for my tundra
a6bce34a90fc45f723cfc659d3d81906.jpg

Alabama Overland

TwoTrack

Buy Once, Cry Once
I was thinking about hitting the mirrors with some satin black but color matched would probably look better. Have a picture of yours?

This is the best one I have with the mirror caps. I pulled them off to paint and used a can of primer/color/clear for each one.

i_Zm44jcbhw4s41_KDtw1_M0_ZAwc9_J_X_nhv_F1y4wp_Ebhe_V1_Vsd.jpg

QuadsBC

Adventurer
Looks pretty good! Should have come that way from the factory. If it wasn't in the teens for a high I would have removed the running boards today. Guess I'll do it tomorrow.

QuadsBC

Adventurer
Where are you planning to mount the 2nd battery?

There is a ton of room under the hood but I think I'm going to try and install them behind the rear seats. I think it will give the truck a better weight balance. I haven't had time to pull the plastic and check fitment yet.

No more running boards

QuadsBC

Adventurer
As much as I'd love to keep the 4Runner i won't be. I don't want to move 3 cars duty station to duty station. It will be for sale shortly.

Where are you planning to mount the 2nd battery?

Nice,

Ive seen it mounted in front of the ABS Module before the airbox (on AC, assuming underhood DC is the same), but also a good spot to put the ARB air compressor. I might have to build a box in the corner of the bed by the cab when the time comes, we will see. Let us know what you come up with!

QuadsBC

Adventurer
I know I can fit it under the hood, but I think with a steel bumper it would be better to move the batteries back.

kevinrx7

Observer
That's a good looking tundra. What lift did you go with?
I have the bilstein 5100's on the lowest setting with OME 886 springs and Tacoma istolators. And spc upper control arms in the front. I have a single AAL and Firestone air bags with 5100's in the rear.
The rear is sitting high in that picture as I had just mounted my RRT and had about 30 psi in the bags, I was expecting more sag but it sits level with only 8psi.
It rides good for a relatively cheap lift. I would love to have the coin for a full long travel set up.
You have your work cut out for you getting those 35's to fit. Can't wait to see the results. Love your choice of rims.
I had a 3rd gen runner, miss it everyday. It will take all my restraint not to purchase yours when you post it for sale. Lol

Sent from my USCC-E6762 using Tapatalk

QuadsBC

Adventurer
I thought about full long travel but I decided a proper mid travel setup would require less parts and would require less maintenance. I did the icon stage 2 kit in extended travel but I haven't purchased upper control arms yet. I have been debating about finding a used 37 and using that to clearance the inner fender. That way if I choose to run snow chains everything will clear.

As for my 4Runner, it doesn't come any cleaner in Maine. Has factory 2000 frame stickers and paint pen marks on the frame.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne