QuadsBC's 05 Double Cab Tundra Family Expo Build

QuadsBC

Adventurer
Ugh possible mid April before a container of scs will hit the beach. I'll probably run the trd's, spacer is only needed in the front and I know they hold their value. I am a wheel whore at heart. I do want to black out the rock ring.

052D9083-28E2-4FFF-8A17-CFB4D8CF5B03.jpg

Just enough poke to ensure I will never own a clean truck.

F0CC6CAE-1484-490A-B572-B317585D7EB0.jpg

32B42789-EECB-4362-8E3D-FFBE7068FF52.jpg

QuadsBC

Adventurer
Last edited:

tyv12

Adventurer
That is gonna need a lot of cutting to fit those big meats looking forward to seeing how it pans out

Sent from my XP7700 using Tapatalk

Benc

Explorer
Thinking of building a bumper like this:

0e992c3142162fc7c8f37d8d1a390755.jpg

0432c3f7cedf33fb9376295d327f80c7.jpg

4b2926fdf82e09ab30553369e6b5ab0d.jpg

Anyone good with photoshop?

That's 4x4labs front bumper, he does sell builder parts. His is not a tube plate hybrid, he had a custom die built to bend that radius.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

QuadsBC

Adventurer
That's 4x4labs front bumper, he does sell builder parts. His is not a tube plate hybrid, he had a custom die built to bend that radius.

I was going to build something similar, I know he sells the kit. I don't have an 80 series around that I can compare measurements. It would suck to purchase the diy kit only to find out its 4" too narrow and have to hack up the kit.

I don't have a way to bend plate like the kit, I'll have to start with a tube and add plate onto it. I'd also like to add more material on the sides to cover the fenders a little bit.

Davidw

Observer
I picked up an ARB for the 100 series from TRDPARTS4U that we'll be using on ours.not as much clearance as the ones I run on my crawler but it should do the trick.

QuadsBC

Adventurer
I like the 100series arb bumper a ton better than the tundra version. I always have my eyes open for parts a 100 series arb bumper. I know I can modify it to work with 35" tires

huntsonora

Explorer
Yeah, the ARB 100 series bumper looks slick on these tundras. I think Benc's bumpers will be amazing when they're ready. Search for his bumpers on this forum

Benc

Explorer
Yeah, the ARB 100 series bumper looks slick on these tundras. I think Benc's bumpers will be amazing when they're ready. Search for his bumpers on this forum

They're almost ready, the DIY kits are pretty close.
I'm not sure if any of you have seen the 100 series arb on a tundra up close but it definitely doesn't look right IMO. The 100 series is a little wider than the tundra and the gaps look pretty bad.
The frame is about 2-3" wider on the tundra as well. Its doable as many have done it but it does look like you adapted a bumper off a different vehicle.
I think you were on the right track with were you want to go with the bumper and I love to see guys tackle a project like that on there own. Look forward to see what you come up with. Let me know if you need any parts or pieces to help with the build.

QuadsBC

Adventurer
They're almost ready, the DIY kits are pretty close.
I'm not sure if any of you have seen the 100 series arb on a tundra up close but it definitely doesn't look right IMO. The 100 series is a little wider than the tundra and the gaps look pretty bad.
The frame is about 2-3" wider on the tundra as well. Its doable as many have done it but it does look like you adapted a bumper off a different vehicle.
I think you were on the right track with were you want to go with the bumper and I love to see guys tackle a project like that on there own. Look forward to see what you come up with. Let me know if you need any parts or pieces to help with the build.

I'm not sure if 4x4 labs is still around. Their website copyright expired in 2013.
I have not seen the 100 series arb up close. I don't think I'll attempt to put an arb on. For about 1/4 the cost I can build my own bumper.

As for parts or pieces, I could use a dimple die. Lol

Today I put the icon stage 2 lift on. Pretty straight forward install. As of right now it's a little more lift than I was hoping for but I'll give it a few weeks to settle down and re adjust. I installed the add a leafs and left the factory overload. This dummy installed one factory add a leaf upside down. So I got to do it again. I took it slow, painted the calipers silver and drumbs black. Total install time was just under 5 hours.

QuadsBC

Adventurer
Just a little quality difference between the two.

Little higher, I planned on replacing the front brake lines with stainless lines when I did the install. I purchased stop tech lines, the picture of the item was deceiving. They only replaced the short rubber section, not the entire line like the picture showed. I had to bend the stock brake lines a lot in order for them to clear the coilovers. Why don't coilover manufacturers include stainless braided lines? I would have gladly paid more if it included brake lines.

Benc

Explorer
I'm not sure if 4x4 labs is still around. Their website copyright expired in 2013.
I have not seen the 100 series arb up close. I don't think I'll attempt to put an arb on. For about 1/4 the cost I can build my own bumper.

As for parts or pieces, I could use a dimple die. Lol

Today I put the icon stage 2 lift on. Pretty straight forward install. As of right now it's a little more lift than I was hoping for but I'll give it a few weeks to settle down and re adjust. I installed the add a leafs and left the factory overload. This dummy installed one factory add a leaf upside down. So I got to do it again. I took it slow, painted the calipers silver and drumbs black. Total install time was just under 5 hours.

He's still around. I'm know Luke fairly well and we are both in grass valley.
While I can appreciate guys building there own stuff, me being a fabricator my self can guarantee none of us are getting rich with the prices we charge.
Sure you can build a bumper for 1/4 of the cost if you have all the right tools and skills but not everyone has that ability. Don't get me wrong, I completely encourage guys to get there tools out and build there own stuff, this is how I started out, but for me I always appreciated the time and effort vendors put into the products and never felt they were over priced, I simply just couldn't afford it so I had to build my own.

Again, can't wait to see what you come up with, and dimple die set can be had for pretty cheap on eBay.

marathonracer

Adventurer
Have you given any thought to what you are going to run for UCAs? Must be nice to work on a truck that has never seen the crap we put on the roads here.

Are those take offs headed for the junk pile or are you going sell them?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94