The Jeepenwagen 2015 JKU Wrangler adventure mobile

machine1

Explorer
Cool. I am on 18/58s now, I am soon going to goto 19/60s. Just to freshen the springs up. with 193,000 on my stockers I'm sure they are pooched a bit.

Let me know how much of a difference they make if you install your first. Wow, I'm happy to hear that you were able to accumulate that amount of mileage. I plan on keeping mine forever (Unless the wife forces me into getting the JL with the turbo four-cylinder).

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
yeah, mine is a 2011, I have 193,000 on the clock. There is no rust and I live in the salt belt. I am more than pleased. I do have a minor oil leak in the back of the motor, but until it starts leaving puddles, I am just dealing with it. Its a major job, and I would think one or both of my manifolds are cracked. Both minor considering the amount of use off road my jeep gets. I do have a lot of updgrades done. That helps things a lot. We are planning to keep ours as long as we can too. my wife just go a 2015 patriot we are also building for travel too. adding stu's springs, new tires and wheels some roof rack, guards etc and interior goodies. I also have the F150 building up too. So between the three, the milage will be spread out more now.

Last edited:

machine1

Explorer
yeah, mine is a 2011, I have 193,000 on the clock. There is no rust and I live in the salt belt. I am more than pleased. I do have a minor oil leak in the back of the motor, but until it starts leaving puddles, I am just dealing with it. Its a major job, and I would think one or both of my manifolds are cracked. Both minor considering the amount of use off road my jeep gets. I do have a lot of updgrades done. That helps things a lot. We are planning to keep ours as long as we can too. my wife just go a 2015 patriot we are also building for travel too. adding stu's springs, new tires and wheels some roof rack, guards etc and interior goodies. I also have the F150 building up too. So between the three, the milage will be spread out more now.

That's great to hear! Not many issues with rust down here but that's good to know they didn't skimp on the metal. I've heard the 3.8 has it's issues with the intake manifold and oil leaks, have you considered a V8 swap? I'd like to see both the Patriot and the F150 when they're done!

machine1

Explorer
Made a couple of videos of our local OHV trails in 8x speed so that it won't waste anyone's time. I usually try to limit videos to 5 minutes, but we had a lot of trail time.

machine1

Explorer
I was able to combine my dashcam footage with my Nikon footage, love seeing that suspension at work! Sway bars still connected going down a mild hill.

machine1

Explorer
Progression pic after nine months of ownership -

27604801131_edf4cbb71b_b.jpg

Hanging out with the baby Jeep -

27028011003_71e8bffcaf_b.jpg

Luxury Jeep going through the same trails with us -

27495702973_a2b221fbbb_b.jpg

Here are some edited and slowed down versions of my last two videos from our July 3rd trip -

Overnight I became both a hero and an impatient villain by calling a plumbing van to move out of the left lane. This video went viral with 1.5 million views and was shared by some automotive websites. In my defense, I was behind the plumbing van for ten minutes with him going 60-65 mph, the speed limit is 70 -

I'm thinking about doing video reviews of various vehicles at the local OHV park, I'll be using the Jeep as the standard that all others will be judged on. Stay tuned.

SilicaRich

Wandering Inverted
I liked the fact that you were more than willing to call the guy out on it and you weren't even close to being a villain about the whole thing. People are just too sensitive now-a-days.

Gotta feel a little special though that you got 1.5+ million views on YouTube:victory:

machine1

Explorer
I liked the fact that you were more than willing to call the guy out on it and you weren't even close to being a villain about the whole thing. People are just too sensitive now-a-days.

Gotta feel a little special though that you got 1.5+ million views on YouTube:victory:

Won over a few new subscribers to my channel, that's always a plus!

machine1

Explorer
Put in some 18/60 Rubicon springs (I had 17/58 from the factory) and some 0.75" Daystar spacers, gained 1.5" of lift.

29120755605_dee7192474_b.jpg

29120765445_8cb7982186_b.jpg

Getting ready for our Hill Country Trip next weekend.

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
hmmmm, 18/60s hey? Now, I am wondering how much lift I would get out of them....I have 17/59s with almost 200k on them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior