Goal Zero 400 or Ark Pak 730

dcg141

Adventurer
True, that is easier but not much of an apples to apples comparison. I was trying to demonstrate that you could get the same functionality in a diy.

Well I'm taking your advice. I have the room and I found a group 31 AGM at Sam's for a reasonable price. Really simple to start. An isolator and a plug for the fridge in a el cheapo plastic battery box. Its in my trailer and wired to the alternator in my tow vehicle. Its gets me going with a small investment. I did find a not so expensive battery monitor also so I can keep up with the battery's state of charge. I will use that for awhile and expand to needs. I'm excited about finally having a fridge. http://www.dometic.com/USA/MS-7207-Recreational-Vehicles/PG-7232-Refrigeration/PG-9749-Portable-Coolers-Freezers/MD-117719-CFX-Portable-Coolers/SK-118189-CFX-65-Portable-Cooler Found one of these "used" on Amazon. When I got it it was actually new with some damaged packaging.

Last edited:

dcg141

Adventurer
So I have been running my fridge for 2 days. It takes the system with bright sunlight until about noon and the battery is 100% recharged. Once its charged the fridge will run off the solar. I'm pretty happy with the setup.

codename607

Adventurer
What kind of solar panel are you using with your Yeti 400? I have one but I usually charge it off my truck when it gets really low. Would be nice to have a panel or two that tops it off.

NCLRbear

Adventurer
I had a Yeti and it was garbage. We went on a weeklong expedition through some trails in Oregon and It couldn't keep up with the fridge after 3 days. It died. luckily we decided to go home early because my wife and son got sick. I returned it to REI and bought a duel battery kit. My friend has the ARK pak. I cant speak to it but I could ask him.

Brett From Ark

Supporting Sponsor - ARK
Hi to all that follow this thread

i just wanted to advise i am going on some much needed holiday leave i will be on leave from today 25/07/2016 and i will be returning to work on Monday 22/08/2016 so if you have any questions about our products or need support it would be best to email sales@arkcorporation.com

this email address will be looked after from Sydney Australia so there may be a delay in replying time, i may log in from time to time if time permits.

take care and speak to you all very soon.

Regards

Brett from Ark

harbinger808

Adventurer
Hi to all that follow this thread

i just wanted to advise i am going on some much needed holiday leave i will be on leave from today 25/07/2016 and i will be returning to work on Monday 22/08/2016 so if you have any questions about our products or need support it would be best to email sales@arkcorporation.com

this email address will be looked after from Sydney Australia so there may be a delay in replying time, i may log in from time to time if time permits.

take care and speak to you all very soon.

Regards

Brett from Ark

have a great vacay mate!

harbinger808

Adventurer
Anyone here have an Arkpak and using the Flexopower Solar Kits?... If so, what are your thoughts and concerns. I'm looking for a portable setup and not duel battery since we dont take alot of long adventures with our kids yet. Thought process is to setup the Arkpak and an Engel45/60ltr in our Disco4 with Flexopower Attcama 158/237 when we travel and leave them on our backyard patio when we are not. I dont mind moving them back and forth hence the this setup versus a permenant dual battery setup.

1Louder

Explorer
Anyone here have an Arkpak and using the Flexopower Solar Kits?... If so, what are your thoughts and concerns. I'm looking for a portable setup and not duel battery since we dont take alot of long adventures with our kids yet. Thought process is to setup the Arkpak and an Engel45/60ltr in our Disco4 with Flexopower Attcama 158/237 when we travel and leave them on our backyard patio when we are not. I dont mind moving them back and forth hence the this setup versus a permenant dual battery setup.

Well the ArkPak doesn't care what solar panel(s) you use as long as it has its own solar controller. The bigger the better for shorter charging time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94

Members online