all terrain tires for Vario 814D in Mexico and/or further south

Ullie

Adventurer
We've got 19,5" rims with a toyo tyre on it. (M608Z, 285/75R19,5) This is for single tyres in the back.
To me it drives better than the original tyres with the size 9,5R17. (double air in the back)

ianc

Adventurer Wannabe
They would be very good quality tyres in my opinion.
They are drive axel tyres though. So depending on what you had on the front before, you may find the steering a little less direct.
If you're still in Mexico - Will the US online tyre companies not ship to you?

olafboswijk

Observer
I had regular on road steer tyres on the front before and now looking for a more all terrain approach for the rest of central and south america.
in managua, nicaragua right now. haven't tried directly with the tyre companies, but could try. doubt if that would be cheaper than through
a dealer though

ianc

Adventurer Wannabe
Well if you're in Managua then make sure you also visit Granada on Lake Nicaragua. Beautiful town with a great Irish bar :). We stayed in the Marina (see blog link sent earlier) really nice spot.
Good luck with the tyre hunt.

olafboswijk

Observer
Granada is definitely in our plans. first we need to get out of this repair shop, still waiting for some parts for the brakes

Ullie

Adventurer
thanks for the tip Ullie! so far only Maxxi's and Aeolus, the latter I would consider. but they only have 4...

Which maxxis is suitable for a Vario? I've got maxxis on my SUV and I'm pleased with them. But I can't find a tyre suitable for the Vario.

ianc

Adventurer Wannabe
Just check they have a high enough load rating. Depending on your configuration I think you will need a tyre rated at 122 (1,500KG per tyre). This assumes you have 3000kg max rating for your front axle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior