Full size breakes what are you running

2004 Ford F-350 Need brake and rotors maybe calipers. Looking at Motocraft reman calipers and Raybestos pads and rotors.

Maybe EBC stuff looking for input.

UPDATE IN POST #9:wings::wings::wings::wings:

Last edited:

Jomax

Observer
I've replaced many, my favorite rotors are the Bosch rotors from Oriellys, lifetime warranty.

For calipers, I only use ford.

Brake pads, for the best stopping, Oriellys carries a carbon metallic pad. I use it in my. 99f350 and love them, I've had the rotors hot running in he desert.

For a good brake pad that's quiet, the duralast gold pads are actually really good.

For the best bite, carbon metallic pads.

For All of the above, you cant beat lifetime warranty.(minus the ford calipers(3year)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

legendaryandrew

Adventurer
I went EBC slotted and dimpled rotors on my F350, with EBC yellowstuff pads, only oem calipers (I got rebuilt from NAPA). And Goodrich steel braided brake lines. Worked great, no noise, not too expensive...but I'm used to dropping 2k on brakes (mitsu Evo with 2 piece rotors and race pads lol).

Edit: That setup is the exact setup I'll be running on my '03 Suburban as well. Bought my rotors and pads from AutoAnything.com

In the past I have done the lifetime warranty. I felt that they where hard on rotors and did not stop as well as a non lifetime. Have you felt that with the stuff you are running?

The OE stuff went 105K then I truned the rotors and put on NAPA premium pads and went 80K.

I am after more breaking power plan on going up to 37" tire.

ExplorerTom

Explorer
I've had the Duralast Gold Cmax pads. They were horrible- until you got a little heat in them. That first push on the brake pedal after some highway driving...... you feel like you'll never stop. But coming down a twisty canyon, they grip pretty good. I also remember not being able to hold position very well while on the trail- like on a rock or something steep. Again, it's that cold bite thing.

I like Hawk pads. I have LTS pads on both my Expedition and Explorer. They have great initial bite and I haven't experienced any fade with them. For some reason they are much more dusty on my Expedition than my Explorer.

I've had EBC pads before too on smaller vehicles. I like them as well. I've only had the Greenstuffs.

Jomax

Observer
I've had the Duralast Gold Cmax pads. They were horrible- until you got a little heat in them. That first push on the brake pedal after some highway driving...... you feel like you'll never stop. But coming down a twisty canyon, they grip pretty good. I also remember not being able to hold position very well while on the trail- like on a rock or something steep. Again, it's that cold bite thing.

I like Hawk pads. I have LTS pads on both my Expedition and Explorer. They have great initial bite and I haven't experienced any fade with them. For some reason they are much more dusty on my Expedition than my Explorer.

I've had EBC pads before too on smaller vehicles. I like them as well. I've only had the Greenstuffs.

Never put ceramics on a truck... The Cmax you had were ceramic.

Jomax

Observer
In the past I have done the lifetime warranty. I felt that they where hard on rotors and did not stop as well as a non lifetime. Have you felt that with the stuff you are running?

The OE stuff went 105K then I truned the rotors and put on NAPA premium pads and went 80K.

I am after more breaking power plan on going up to 37" tire.

The carbon metallic pads from Oriellys. Stop my truck great with 37s.

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
I run NAPA gold life time warranty brake pads and rotors on all my vehicles right now. No rotor rusting and they stop great. My JK is getting upgraded to teraflex big brakes front and rear for towing our pop up camper. That will give some extra clamping force to slow down the trailer better.

UPDATE. Went with Motocraft calipers on front and back axle. Got them from Rockauto the online catalog is or was wrong all 4 where wrong the first order. Second order was right I got the part numbers from local Ford dealer and checked them on EBay and Amazon and they matched my truck. The calipers are half the price of the local Ford dealer from Rockauto. Part numbers I went with are BRC-238-RM right front, BRC-239-RM left front, BRC-64-RM right rear, BRC-65-Rm left rear.

For the brake pads I went with Performance Friction Carbon Metallic part numbers 756.20 Front, 757.20 rear got them at o'reilly's.

Rotors are Bosch QuietCast part numbers 20010312 front, 20010310 rear. Got them at O'reilly's they have the front as 20010365 this is a 14.5" inch rotor the correct one is 13" found this info online.

My truck is a 2004 F-350 4x4 CCLB single rear wheel with the 6.0 Diesel and 9900 Lbs. GVWR.

It took 2 weeks for this job start to finish after the wrong rotors and calipers.
I have 50 miles on the brakes they work great far better than new and far far better than the NAPA long life pads that I used last time. Maybe this will help someone down the road.

Last edited:

Burb One

Adventurer
I used to get Hawk LTS pads exclusively, which are great, don't get me wrong.

I now use the Autozone Duralast Gold Severe Duty on my Suburban. We tow 6000lbs, and have not had any trouble going up and over the grapevine, even with 33's. I just make sure the fluid is fresh every 6000 miles or 6 months. The kicker is the lifetime warranty. I replace them at 50% (every 30000 miles) for free. They eat rotors a little faster but marginally and the pedal feel isn't as good, but other than that, we've been 100% happy.

Jomax

Observer
UPDATE. Went with Motocraft calipers on front and back axle. Got them from Rockauto the online catalog is or was wrong all 4 where wrong the first order. Second order was right I got the part numbers from local Ford dealer and checked them on EBay and Amazon and they matched my truck. The calipers are half the price of the local Ford dealer from Rockauto. Part numbers I went with are BRC-238-RM right front, BRC-239-RM left front, BRC-64-RM right rear, BRC-65-Rm left rear.

For the brake pads I went with Performance Friction Carbon Metallic part numbers 756.20 Front, 757.20 rear got them at o'reilly's.

Rotors are Bosch QuietCast part numbers 20010312 front, 20010310 rear. Got them at O'reilly's they have the front as 20010365 this is a 14.5" inch rotor the correct one is 13" found this info online.

My truck is a 2004 F-350 4x4 CCLB single rear wheel with the 6.0 Diesel and 9900 Lbs. GVWR.

It took 2 weeks for this job start to finish after the wrong rotors and calipers.
I have 50 miles on the brakes they work great far better than new and far far better than the NAPA long life pads that I used last time. Maybe this will help someone down the road.

Glad you went with those rotors and pads. I love them!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles