Repurpose a smartphone

Gatordoc

Adventurer
Have you found a good app for using an android phone as a dash cam?

Ive actually been working on this as well, Im currently revamping the interior and am considering adding one for a cool app I found clled RollMeOver, possibly integrating one as a GPS fed HUD, and if your carrier supports tethering you could have live doppler radar ; )
View attachment 342804View attachment 342805

The Torque Pro app (paid version) can dashcam & inclinometer, though not at the same time.

The dashcam utility is through the "track recorder" plugin. It's worked well for me and takes pretty high quality video, to include an overlay map and some telemetry.

You can also setup your "real time information" dashboard to include incline and pitch meters, so long as your device has the requisite sensors.

I am very pleased with it overall for these features, as well as the OBDII Diagnostic functions. WELL worth the $10 or so I think I paid for it.

As mentioned above, the Backcountry Navigator app is another inexpensive and very useful app, which does support offline navigation. You just have to set it up and download the relevant areas ahead of time when you have a data connection.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior