If you were to start all over with a brand new truck, which would you choose?

kraven

Hegelian Scum
Well, not having to spend 10hrs under the truck on a Sat so you can actually get out to those activities has its value, too, right? :)

Unless you enjoy that part of it. But, point taken.

I would counter with "I can do a lot for 7200 bucks in annual labor costs." But not everyone can or wants to do that.

Stuntmonkey

I'm looking at picking up a 2012 Raptor in a few weeks if I can swing a good trade in on my current ride. My only issue is the price tag still hovering around low 40s! Yikes!

Throw in 37s, rim, winch, sliders, front bumper, thule bed rack and an RTT and I'm pushing my limit.

Buliwyf

Viking with a Hammer
I'm looking at picking up a 2012 Raptor in a few weeks if I can swing a good trade in on my current ride. My only issue is the price tag still hovering around low 40s! Yikes!

Throw in 37s, rim, winch, sliders, front bumper, thule bed rack and an RTT and I'm pushing my limit.

37's? Rim's? Winch? Font Bumper? Don't get the Raptor. You're just ruining it with those mods. A buddy of mine with more cash than brains did the exact same thing. Truck handles terrible now and looks like a brodozer. Ford did a decent job, just add better King shocks to it, The RTT and Thule rack, and be done. Skip the winch and just toss some chain and a Highlift in the bed.

Don't add tons of weight and giant tires to a Raptor. Get a cheaper Superduty or Powerwagon for that kind of stuff.

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
Yep. Mine's been to the dealer once for the KO8 emissions flash. They killed the ECM and bought me another.
Synergy steering replaced the POS stock crap.
A SBC OKHD holds my EFI on #5 with 35's,1800# wet popup.
Wonderful truck. Unless it's totaled,they'll bury me in it in an undisclosed location.

Last edited:

adam88

Explorer
H1 Alpha Wagon... My H1 was a great truck, but it was non-turbo and open top. Lessons learned.

H1 Alpha Wagon would have been a GREAT vehicle to buy. They have gained value. You could have bought one brand new fully loaded back in 2006, driven it for 10 years, and sold it off for more than you paid. Good answer :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles