• KIMG0197.jpg
    KIMG0197.jpg
    423.9 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_1002.JPG.jpg
    IMG_1002.JPG.jpg
    382.5 KB · Views: 57

Eric Edwards

Adventurer
With stock shocks, it is somehow softer than stock. I can't figure it out. The springs are the same free height, provide a 1.5 inch lift, AND provide a softer ride. I would assume if the springs were the same free height and produce a lift, they would have to be a higher spring rate, which would make the ride harsher. It's magic...

Last edited:

McBride

Adventurer
Sweet! This report is interesting. I've read in numerous places that the ORC springs are too stiff, harsh. I have them on our G500 and camper. The camper is heavy so they are a bit compressed and I have stiff shocks but they are nice and most important durable. On the 500 they are anything but harsh. Instead, like you, I've found them to be incredibly supple, and incredibly absorbent regardless of how deep the potholes are. The word that comes to mind is "plush" I'd recommend them for any off road G500 application..

Eric Edwards

Adventurer
I know... weird right? I paid $1,000 USD for them going direct from ORC. Dunno, how anyone could possible think these are harsher than stock.

On the 500 they are anything but harsh. Instead, like you, I've found them to be incredibly supple, and incredibly absorbent regardless of how deep the potholes are. The word that comes to mind is "plush" I'd recommend them for any off road G500 application..

NYCRover

Observer
fourbyfourclub sells them for about $1500 w/o shipping, so it seems like you got a pretty good price going direct (depending on how much Int'l shipping was). I'll have to look into that. I'm about to drop in ORC springs and was contemplating coupling them with some KONI SPX shocks.

TripleD513

I installed mine a few months ago with Fox Shocks and couldn't be happier. I have found that it rides softer than stock but that could be because I have larger tires. Also some people have said that Fox shocks are stiff but I have not found that to be true. Here's some photos of mine next to a stock G

liftedvsstock.jpgsidebyside.jpg

Eric Edwards

Adventurer
It's weird, but the front end sits about 1/2 to 3/4 inch higher than my rears. I did take off my brush guard, but find it hard to believe that the weight of the brush guard would effect the height of the front end much. It's only been about 3 weeks, so maybe the front will settle a bit more.

What size tires are you running? Where did you get the fox shocks from? The rig looks awesome!

I installed mine a few months ago with Fox Shocks and couldn't be happier. I have found that it rides softer than stock but that could be because I have larger tires. Also some people have said that Fox shocks are stiff but I have not found that to be true. Here's some photos of mine next to a stock G

View attachment 326186View attachment 326187

TripleD513

I too felt that the front was tad higher than the rear at first.. It seemed to have leveled out over the course of a few weeks. I got my springs from Guido Mathes from Germany and the Fox Shocks I got from an online store called Off Road Warehouse. http://offroadwarehouse.com/ It took a while for the shocks to come in because apparently they are made to order. I'm running 285/65/18 BF Goodrich K02's, which is a bit shy of 33's. ESP wasn't a problem like other have experienced when installing larger tires till after the lift was on. I had installed the larger tires first then I did the lift. What seemed to help out was putting the recommended tires pressures in. Now I have no problems.

merctaf

What years are these G wagons? I wonder how the ride would be on a 2011 G550 or 2013G550. It seems like the ride of our G Wagons has improved with every year. My 2003 G500 (sold last year to my brother-in-law) road like a tank until I swapped the springs out with Vlad's at fourbyfourclub.com "soft" ride springs and spacers. I love the ride of the newer g wagons,but have been adding spacers to get the lift since I fear loosing the more conformtabke ride by switching out to longer ORC springs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MetalDog

Observer
What years are these G wagons? I wonder how the ride would be on a 2011 G550 or 2013G550. It seems like the ride of our G Wagons has improved with every year. My 2003 G500 (sold last year to my brother-in-law) road like a tank until I swapped the springs out with Vlad's at fourbyfourclub.com "soft" ride springs and spacers. I love the ride of the newer g wagons,but have been adding spacers to get the lift since I fear loosing the more conformtabke ride by switching out to longer ORC springs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine is a 2015.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Randy Towles