Bike Rack and Cover

rathvona

Observer
Hi again,

I'm looking to carry a Trek road bike with me on my travels and need a solid bike rack. I'm looking for a rack that really only needs to carry 1 bike maybe 2 and can tilt out away from my trunk so I can access my gear. I'm trying to keep it under $100 new or cheaper if its used. If anyone can point me to a company it would be appreciated.

Also, a waterproof bike cover. If anyone can recommend me a product.

Thanks,
Austin

p nut

butter
Yeah, $100 is probably a good price for a used rack. Be prepared to spend $2-400 for a hitch rack, and that's not even counting the hitch receiver.

spikolli

I have yet to find a cover that is worth the money. At the shop I work at we have stopped stocking them because customers weren't happy. Keep your eye open maybe you'll find something that we couldn't get. They tend to die on hitch racks by the wind shredding the fabric. Save the money from the cover and put it into the rack.

jayspies

Adventurer
What kind of a vehicle do you drive? If it's an SUV or the like, you may be able to get away with using a fork mount inside your vehicle. Many people have been able to take a 1x6 or 1x8 piece of wood, screw a fork mount onto it, remove the seat and seat post, and slide it into the back of their vehicle. If the space is available and not too much of an inconvenience, this is the best of both worlds, as it is both secure and dry. Plus, a generic fork mount is like $5.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior