New must-have Dutch oven accessory?

Scoutman

Explorer
Got an e-mail saying they still didn't have them in stock and am now looking at March. This Camp-Maid company must have gotten caught completely off guard when that video hit.

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
I imagine it's going to be a lot like cooking on a discada or the Tembo Tusk Skottle - treat it like a shallow wok.

I pinged CampMaid this week since next weekend is the Desert Rendezvous and I have a dutch oven dish planned - they said mine was on the way! My original order was placed quite a while back, so hopefully they're working through the backlog.

ab1985

Explorer
Mine says expected delivery 2/23; however, it hasn't shipped as of today. I'm in no big hurry, though.

Jamin_GX

Adventurer
Intrigues me since I don't have a DO in my camp kit yet. I know many raved about them.

Will likely order tomorrow and then seek out some recipes!

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Mine says shipped ---- but doesn't give tracking info.

Says "Temporarily out of stock" on Amazon. So we'll see on Thursday.

XJCamper

SE Expedition Society
Receive mine on the 12th. Was able to use it this past weekend. Worked like a charm. Actually only used the lid grabber portion of the unit. Visited Gorges State Park in NC. BEAUTIFUL... Great place for hiking and viewing many waterfalls in one location. They also have a great trail through their property.
Chad's JEEP at Gorges State Park.jpg

Hilldweller

SE Expedition Society
Receive mine on the 12th. Was able to use it this past weekend. Worked like a charm. Actually only used the lid grabber portion of the unit. Visited Gorges State Park in NC. BEAUTIFUL... Great place for hiking and viewing many waterfalls in one location. They also have a great trail through their property.
View attachment 332177
You son of a gun, you....

What's that white vehicle? Did you re-rig or something?

Herbie

Rendezvous Conspirator
Mine showed up Monday. Looks fantastically well made, and I'm really excited to try it all out at the Desert Rendezvous this weekend.

Only bummer thus far: If you get the "whole kit" with charcoal holder, grill, and kickstand lifter, it won't all fit into a single dutch oven at the same time. (Unless there's a way to layer/pack everything that I'm missing.) This is a very minor quibble, and I don't see an immediately obvious solution to this. Fortunately, I have a couple of bags for older smaller grills, etc. that I can probably repurpose.

One other observation: I was curious if the spring-loaded handle/hook would be easy to remove, as I have some other ideas about "off-book" uses for the stand portion, and found that it is very easy to remove, without any tools. More to come.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94