MCObray's 2002 Toyota Tacoma DC TRD

MCObray

Explorer
Wife and I decided to kill a Sunday morning in the Cascade Foothills. A fun lil section of gravel road plus great views made for a great start to the day. On other note, I was experience unusual steering wheel shakes at HWY speeds, so I took the truck in and got the tires/wheels rebalance at my local Discount Tire. Truck is handling much smoother at HWY speeds, which I am pleased. I will note that about 10 miles of getting back on the road after the rebalance, a wheel weight from the drivers front flew off and went into the median... Luckily no one was to my left or else that would've left a nice scratch / dent!
Video of the Tacoma heading towards the Trailhead: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whZxLeU5NKM
Abiqua Falls, OR. by Mason Obray, on Flickr

MCObray

Explorer
Bed rack from Evan @ Marshall Fabrication (Vancouver, WA.) is fantastic. The fabrication work is top notch and solid! I ended up meeting him halfway to pick these up and installation was pretty straight forward... measure twice, drill once. I will note that if you have the factory plastic bedliner, you will be 1/2" longer bolts than the ones supplied to accommodate the extra thickness.

I made the 3 hour drive over to Bend, OR. where I then picked up my CVT (Bend, OR.) Mt. Shasta RTT. Bobby and the rest of his crew are top notch! CVT's new shop is awesome with a beautiful showroom that showcases a variety of different tents and trailers.

If anyone is in the market for bed bars / bed rack and a Roof Top Tent, don't hesitate to get in contact with Evan at Marshall Fabrication (http://www.marshallfabrication.com) and Bobby at Cascadia Vehicle Tents (https://cascadiatents.com). Great products, great people to work with.

22.04 MPG round trip, with a range of 326 miles in a full tank of gas. Not bad!

Photo Jun 12, 2 12 20 PM.jpg
Photo Jun 12, 3 08 25 PM.jpg
Photo Jun 13, 2 14 53 PM.jpg

MCObray

Explorer
Put the truck to use this past weekend as we headed for a cruise and short 2 mile hike in the Cascade Mountains. Rocky Point offered terrific views all the way north to Mt. Rainer, and all the way south to 3 Sisters... i'd highly recommend this drive and hike!
2002 Toyota Tacoma TRD DC by Mason Obray, on Flickr
Rocky Point, OR. by Mason Obray, on Flickr
Video: https://youtu.be/EuIV-4re9_A

Last edited:

MCObray

Explorer
Whew, still trying to get out once a week here in the bright summer months. I've been mostly be using my Tacoma to get to the trail head and the rest of my adventures have been on 2 feet. With that said, I'll be hitting on some maintenance in the coming weeks with regards to fluids, valve cover gasket, etc. My best friend and I are in the midst of mapping out a route down south near Crater Lake for the weekend in August so stayed tuned there...

In the meantime here is Munra Point in the Columbia Gorge with my lil' bro earlier this week. A great, challenging height that offers fantastic 360 degree views!
Munra Point by Mason Obray, on Flickr
Munra Point, OR. by Mason Obray, on Flickr
Munra Point, OR. by Mason Obray, on Flickr
Elowah Falls by Mason Obray, on Flickr

MCObray

Explorer
July sure has been one busy month, as every weekend there has been something going on. In the last week I got the Tacoma down to the local Toyota dealer for a few maintenance items I wanted to hit on; valve cover gaskets, transmission fluid service, and power steering service. I also went ahead and scheduled the Lower Ball Joints to be replaced next week, which will give me some piece of mind moving forward. The truck has been running great and am now looking forward to next weekend, CRATER LAKE!
Lower Willamette River by Mason Obray, on Flickr

MCObray

Explorer
Looks great,
Youll love that ARB deflator, so fast.

Thanks.
I've heard great things about the ARB deflator, and I am sure it'll come in handy for many trips to come. With that said, I need to come up with a viable air compressor solutions in the meantime. I may try and track down a portable 12V DC for the meantime.

wrenchMonkey_

Adventurer
Thanks.
I've heard great things about the ARB deflator, and I am sure it'll come in handy for many trips to come. With that said, I need to come up with a viable air compressor solutions in the meantime. I may try and track down a portable 12V DC for the meantime.

I've got my eye on a ViAir ADA setup. I like them more than the ARB for many reasons and while I do have a 20 and a 40CuFT tank I could fill with C02 and have all the hoses and fittings ect, the regulator cost ($50-$100) just does not seem worth it. Also, C02 does nothing for AIR locker needs.

http://www.viaircorp.com/ada.html

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier