MCObray's 2002 Toyota Tacoma DC TRD

MCObray

Explorer
My search Craigslist radius from Redding, CA to Bellingham, WA finally paid off. My wife and I set out early in the AM hours to pick up this 2002 Toyota Tacoma DC TRD in Gig Harbor, WA. I am beyond stoked on this vehicle and look forward to many memory-making miles. Now the recap on what has come before...
Cherokee, now in Portland:

'99 Jeep XJ by Bucky Images, on Flickr
4Runner, now in Medford:

'00 Toyota 4Runner Highlander. by Bucky Images, on Flickr
Legacy Outback, now in Las Vegas:

Subaru in Snow. by Bucky Images, on Flickr
4Runner, now in Eugene:
Spring Cleaning. by Bucky Images, on Flickr
Cummins, now in Corvallis:
New tires. by Bucky Images, on Flickr
Powerstroke, now in Oregon City:
Photo%20Mar%2023%203%2034%2005%20PM_zpsttpcesfn.jpg

My Tacoma:
2002 Toyota Tacoma DC TRD by Mason Obray, on Flickr

My plans are to bump up a tire size once the tread runs out on my current Michelins, add 2" OME lift, and new wheels. At the time of adding the lift, I will in all likely replace the Lower Ball Joints, Upper Ball Joints, Tie Rod Ends, etc. I also want to add a Transmission Cooler and Tundra Brake upgrade in the coming months.

Last edited:

rickashay

Explorer
Welcome back Mason! Looking forward to seeing another clean build. Love the Double Cab 1st Gens, looks like you found another gem.

Gunna be hard pulling all those epic boats with the little Taco!

MCObray

Explorer
Welcome back Mason! Looking forward to seeing another clean build. Love the Double Cab 1st Gens, looks like you found another gem.

Gunna be hard pulling all those epic boats with the little Taco!

Thanks for the note Addy. I am looking forward to working off this clean platform and making it my own.

Work got spankin' new Chevy 3500 Duramax / 2500 Vortex for Tow Duties... They pull like nothing is behind them!

... And those for who you that did not know, I work in the Marine Industry for a local company in the great Portland, OR. area. Good fun!
2016 Malibu Boats Wakesetter 25 LSV. by Mason Obray, on Flickr

rickashay

Explorer
Thanks for the note Addy. I am looking forward to working off this clean platform and making it my own.

Work got spankin' new Chevy 3500 Duramax / 2500 Vortex for Tow Duties... They pull like nothing is behind them!

... And those for who you that did not know, I work in the Marine Industry for a local company in the great Portland, OR. area. Good fun!
2016 Malibu Boats Wakesetter 25 LSV. by Mason Obray, on Flickr

I was thinking there was still a dedicated tow rig in the mix. That's wicked!

I'll be down in Portland mid February for a Golden State Warriors game. Might have to grab a pint. Sorry /thread jack.

MCObray

Explorer
Headed into the foothills of the Cascade to lace some lead through some fire arms, as well as do a little exploring with a good friend of mine. The Tacoma performed flawlessly, and I even got to cycle the suspension making our way down to Abiqua Falls through some off-camber sections of the gravel road. The Michelin's LTX A/T2s did not miss a beat, and the best part was getting back onto the highway and having a smooth / quiet ride back home for 40 miles... Love these tires!
Abiqua Falls by Mason Obray, on Flickr
Crooked Finger Rd. by Mason Obray, on Flickr

MCObray

Explorer
Over the weekend, my wife and I payed a visit to Central Oregon with two main objectives; Smith Rock and Bend Ale Trail. We had a great time enjoying the geography, as well as throwing a few pints back in the town of Craft Beer. I have not done much to the Tacoma, aside from replacing a o2 sensor. I am on the hunt for a new set of wheels via Craigslist, or SCS if I feel like splurging... Life is good!
Warm Springs, OR. | Deschutes River by Mason Obray, on Flickr
Smith Rock by Mason Obray, on Flickr

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94