How did you pick what size hilift jck you have?

You need to be able to lift the truck up and compensate for all the suspension travel, allow for soft ground or a hole where you need to place the jack. A 60" is a bit harder to store but when you need it you got it. Prior to our last big trip two of my real good traveling buddies replaced there 48" beam hi lifts for 60". Spend the money on a good tool once and get the extreme. Funny thing was I ended up needing mine!

Ryan1035

With 4" lift and 37's on my jeep, I have to have a 60" to get it off the ground, for my wife's Jeep with 2 1/2" lift and 35's I have a 48". Both of them are Hi-Lift Extreme. Buy once cry once, and they are pretty cheap anyway

LR Max

Local Oaf
I've got the 60". It fits fine on the exterior of my 109. However it is too big to store inside of my 4Runner. I gotta put the seat down and that kinda sucks.

4x4junkie

Explorer
60" here also (well, 57"... I trimmed 3" from the bottom of the bar so it'd fit across the rear without sticking out past the body).

Had a 48", found myself running out of length a few times, so that led to getting the longer one.

emmodg

Adventurer
Buy a 60" - you won't regret it. Great as a jack and the extra length is a godsend if you need to use it as a come-a-long.

If you just HAVE to have a 48" jack and you're worried about suspension droop compensation then use a tree strap and Jack to lift when you "Jack and stack" or use a ratchet strap to tie your suspension to the chassis to prevent droop. You could buy a lift mate but it's an extra 5 or so pounds to pack, it will not work with EVERY wheel and even when it does work with a wheel may find the wheel is stuck an "clocked" to the point where the lift mate can't be used safely. So - it's 5 or so pounds, costs more than a tree strap and ratchet strap combined, sometimes it doesn't work and it only does one thing.

Semi-Hex

Enfant Terrible
The 48" for sure. My dad bought it in the 60's and if it was good enough for him, it's good enough for me.

I Leak Oil

Expedition Leader
The mechanicals work on either size standard. Buy one and buy the other size standard as well. You can mix and match as needed and the standards don't weigh all that much and are easy enough to store.

emmodg

Adventurer
You're not saving tons of money buying a 48" and why a man would carry around a 48" and 60" stanchion is beyond me. There's a fine line between "good enough" and "not enough".

Stumpalump

Expedition Leader
60" here also (well, 57"... I trimmed 3" from the bottom of the bar so it'd fit across the rear without sticking out past the body).

Had a 48", found myself running out of length a few times, so that led to getting the longer one.
That 60" might as well be mile when trying to fit it. Cutting to fit a space is a great idea!

mowerman

Adventurer
60" for rig with 37" tires and 6" lift

48" for rig with 33" tires and 3" lift

My 48" won't get my disco axles off the ground with 32" tyres and 3" lift.
Only way to lift the axles is with one of those strap things you hook into the wheel, or the standard bottle jack.
If you really feel the need to carry a hi lift get the 60.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz

Members online