Areal footage from our 2015 expedition into the Western Deserts of Outback Australia.

micko

August 2015 saw us complete an expedition through the western Deserts of Australia. Crossing the Gibson, Little and Great Sandy deserts we explored some new turf before meeting a group of traditional owners to lead an expedition into a particularly remote area east of the Canning Stock Route to build 'return to Country' infrastructure for the Birriliburu people. We were privileged to have three elders with us who have the distinction of being the last of their people born in the desert and to have walked and lived the traditional nomadic lifestyle of their people.

Another upside to the trip was one of our number have a drone along on the trip. I've managed to put together a few clips of the early stages of our desert adventure which I hope gives an indication of the breadth and magnificent solitude of the Australian desert and the amazing landscapes within.

Cheers

[video=vimeo;151358214]https://vimeo.com/151358214[/video]

Scott H Murray

Adventure Photog
August 2015 saw us complete an expedition through the western Deserts of Australia. Crossing the Gibson, Little and Great Sandy deserts we explored some new turf before meeting a group of traditional owners to lead an expedition into a particularly remote area east of the Canning Stock Route to build 'return to Country' infrastructure for the Birriliburu people. We were privileged to have three elders with us who have the distinction of being the last of their people born in the desert and to have walked and lived the traditional nomadic lifestyle of their people.

Another upside to the trip was one of our number have a drone along on the trip. I've managed to put together a few clips of the early stages of our desert adventure which I hope gives an indication of the breadth and magnificent solitude of the Australian desert and the amazing landscapes within.

Cheers

[video=vimeo;151358214]https://vimeo.com/151358214[/video]

Awesome.

Globatrol

Observer
Nice job! Looks like we will buying a drone for the next stage of our adventures... Those perspectives are just too good...

Awesome - cheers...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94