Montreal to Panama road trip

Overland History

Wanderluster
Wow! Excellent job building the tent! I love your engineering concepts that fit your needs! Plus it looks great and is highly functional!

madmaths

Observer
Subscribed !! From Nb canada . No worries about security in mexico??

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

jonyko

Subscribed !! From Nb canada . No worries about security in mexico??

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

We will try to avoid big city like Mexico. But your right security will be part of the game. We will try to be with people that know the place and talk with the local to avoid some area.

jonyko

small update !!

I finally bought my fridge. I chose a Whynter 45. (http://www.whynter.com/productdetail/refrigeration/portable_freezers/282)

I am very satisfied as the consumption of silence that it produces when it works (that compares a fan of laptop) and temperature make it somewhat (-22C to 10C)

MRwLxjo.jpg

but it is very big in a small JK !!

later I got a rack on the roof to put the bins that will contain my recovery gear (sling, jack, cable has booster)

b0WQBKc.jpg

nJKgmZy.jpg

b0WQBKc.jpg

the fridge I decide to have another battery. so I made a compartment to accommodate two additional battery. each battery gives 120 minutes 25 AMP leaving me after a big efficiency calculation, 2 full days to run my fridge without to have from my jeep and no sun !!

HU76MCS.jpg

BysyBN8.jpg

without sun?? yes I install a solar panel 100W collemen on the roof !! [:)]

so my autonomy is greatly increasing. by the time I'm able to do 5 days without my jeep from the fridge that works 4 ° C vacuum (very hard to keep a fridge to keep its temperature )

jonyko

Thereafter I made a drawer and shelf storage.

zDhGp18.jpg

Pj9GdI1.jpg

cZpXKgK.jpg

v3bfXZT.jpg

I install a 1500W inverter in order to have the current 120v in my jeep

WCSUHj7.jpg

4UCzXTm.jpg

and a shelf below

yoAOTkI.jpg

jonyko

full extension

I9GDLHH.jpg

ByEPLuB.jpg

6yTLsqU.jpg

V3pNhfh.jpg

SJExIwX.jpg

Thiibrg.jpg

PIgoyvG.jpg

by the time I'm finished a awing behind my jeep for cooking during rain (you see my little solar panel on the roof)

VmE591M.jpg

6l1hd1W.jpg

Ku13qtr.jpg

ZxGVN4F.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior