Delorme InReach SE

Pitchpt

Observer
I have a nearly new inReach SE up for sale. It is a fantastic GPS/satellite messenger/SOS device. Perhaps it's greatest feature is the ability to send and receive text messages anywhere in the world. It has been restored to factory settings. Ready for a new owner. It is less than 2 mos old. Pair it with a phone or tablet for phenomenal back county performance. Comes with instruction book, USB, wall charger, and lanyard. $200 shipped in the con US from Flagstaff, AZ.

1Louder

Explorer
Having used every InReach unit produced, the latest model was underwhelming in regard to navigation functionality. I would buy an SE such as this at a savings rather than buy the Explorer model. That or wait for the next gen, assuming they improve nag functions.

Pitch congrats on the sale.

For in vehicle navigation I will stick with GAIA. Hiking whatever if you want a single device with basic waypoint and navigation the Explorer could fit the bill for some. Paired with a phone it's better but if you are going to do that you might as well just use a different app for navigation. For communications the InReach works great and I was glad I had it down in Mexico where most places had no phone service.

Dusty Grin

Observer
I was the lucky buyer on this one. It's just too risky running solo in the winter up in the pnw without communication.
For navigation I'm happy with my iPad and preloaded maps on the motion x app. Big enough screen to see while putting around on service roads.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior