G500 chassis or rolling frame needed. 2850mm rollover salvage:WANTED

VQS SPEED SHOP

We have a need for a G500 frame or a complete roller for a 4x4² clone of sorts. The build is for an adventure company in Vieques that currently runs a Defender 110 from us. It will be in film and ads as well, so the build is being planned now.
Any leads, copart, or individuals selling a frame would be appreciated. We also need rear ambulance type doors.
We can pick it up anywhere in the USA.

Ric

Vieques Speed Shop,LLC.

mgmetalworks

Explorer
There was a frame on Ebay a while back. Portland, OR wrecking yard. Seller's username is "slava81"

They had a body shell, the frame and there are still a bunch of parts on ebay. They may still have it... I can't imagine a G frame is a high demand item for Ebay. Send them a message and find out.

Also check www.car-part.com. the site links tons of salvage yards throughout US and Canada.
Edit* There are two frames listed on car-part.com right now.

Last edited:

otiswesty

Regular guy
Yes, Yuri here in Portland has parted out 2 G500s a 2002 and a 2003. He is a good guy to deal with and I have bought a number of parts from him.
His ads states that he will ship internationally as well, not sure where the OP is located however.
Here is a body for sale.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/03-Mercedes...493547?hash=item51d451fb6b:g:H1UAAOSw9N1Vmgzy

He has had at least one 2850mm frame for sale and may still have it. I have his phone number, PM me if you would like to call him.
Eric

VQS SPEED SHOP

Thanks for the advice, but the search continues...or we abandon the project and sell the body. It's a 2006, barn door, Cdi. All wiring intact, ecu, front clip, etc.
btw:Yuri sold that frame on eBay, we've dealt with them before on Ferrari parts, yes...good guy.
So, as it stands, we may end up putting this one up for auction if a frame does not show up soon. The $ people are getting impatient. Any other leads?

otiswesty

Regular guy
Thanks for the advice, but the search continues...or we abandon the project and sell the body. It's a 2006, barn door, Cdi. All wiring intact, ecu, front clip, etc.
btw:Yuri sold that frame on eBay, we've dealt with them before on Ferrari parts, yes...good guy.
So, as it stands, we may end up putting this one up for auction if a frame does not show up soon. The $ people are getting impatient. Any other leads?

Is a 2006 cdi G-class road legal in Puerto Rico? It would be tough to bring one to USA, but it makes me wonder about how the commonwealth fits into US DOT regulations.
Eric

chsu74

Is a 2006 cdi G-class road legal in Puerto Rico? It would be tough to bring one to USA, but it makes me wonder about how the commonwealth fits into US DOT regulations.
Eric

There are plenty of Porsches sold form
Puerto Rico into the Mainland.

Check the vin number and look for emission compliance stickers.

otiswesty

Regular guy
There are plenty of Porsches sold form
Puerto Rico into the Mainland.

Check the vin number and look for emission compliance stickers.

I was thinking more of a German origin 2008 G320cdi registered in PR, but being driven in Oregon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior