AEV SALTA WHEELS WITH 37" MICKEY THOMPSON MTZ ON MY 3500 RAM

kmcoop7

Observer
I really like the look of these Aev wheels. I have received lots of parking lot compliments too. I like that they don't have the fake bead lock bolts. Not sure why all the bro wheels feel that is mandatory these days?

I have had good luck with Mickey Thompson MTZ in the past. Great off road, modest hum on the road. Best dedicated mud tire I have found in snow and Ice. Definitely not as good on snow/ice as my last set which were ST/Maxx siped and studded.

20160117_084459.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

20160117_084341_RichtoneHDR.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

20160117_084331_RichtoneHDR.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

20160117_084302_RichtoneHDR.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

kmcoop7

Observer
thuren

I have Thuren Springs up front which lifted it about 1.75". My new mega cab is going to have a full Carli 3" kit, same tires and topper. Just in darker gray! Might throw an AEV bumper on for good measure.

Regcabguy

Oil eater.
If I didn't have the freespin kit I'd have those wheels. Perfect 6" backspace and a high load capacity. I could have them machined out but would have to all four in case of a flat or tire rotation. You can use a standard lug wrench on them too. No need for the thinwall socket. Great looking rig.

Last edited:

kmcoop7

Observer
Tires are D rated 8 ply. 3 ply sidewall. They have a 3500lbs + capacity. They do have tough sidewalls, I have run a set of these hard on some of the toughest trails in Colorado (holy cross, blanca, trough) and never even nicked the sidewall. I have never run a set past half tread depth, so I don't know how many miles I will get out of them. I am guessing 30k, which is what I get out of everything on this truck.

Current truck is getting traded for a new one. I decided the mega would be nice for family space as we travel to ski/camp/hike/family a lot. I also really don't like the auto in this truck. It is a clunky turd. I am looking forward to rowing gears again. I really lament the death of the manual trans.

Monnik

Love the truck. Have the exact same truck. Looking to set it up the same way with basically a leveling kit. A couple of questions:
Do you get any rubbing with the 37s?
Does the back squat with the front lifted?
What shocks are you running?
What gears are you running?

I know you traded the truck in, but would love to get your input. Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz

Members online