Does anyone know where to buy this kind of metal in sheets?

Either steel or aluminum? Not sure if Springtail has his stuff made for them, or if they buy it in sheets. I'm looking to fabricate something for my trailer.

1-dsc_0217.jpg

Haf-E

Expedition Leader
I am sure they are having it custom cut for them. Its pretty easy to find local places these days that can do it - there are also lots of "maker spaces" that have laser cutters that can handle thin aluminum.

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
I get a catalog from a metal company every quarter that's sells metal like that in all sorts of patterns. Cant think of the name off hand, I always throw it away.

Arclight

SAR guy
Either steel or aluminum? Not sure if Springtail has his stuff made for them, or if they buy it in sheets. I'm looking to fabricate something for my trailer.

1-dsc_0217.jpg

Those were probably laser cut. There is a good shop in SoCal that does waterjet and metal laser cutting with a reasonable minimum:
http://www.serralaser.com/

FYI, the ~100W lasers that are used to cut plastics won't do anything more than mark metals. That requires a multi-KW rig or waterjet.

PS: I have two of these from my truck if you are interested:
Description:30 x 7.7 MPAC Rack, Item #:30 x 7.7 -1

They fit nicely along the sides of a pickup truck bed or similar. Cost $135/ea new, make an offer!

Arclight

MilspecMetal

I can make this for you in this pattern. I can also customize it with engraving or text. And I can do it reasonably priced. Veteran owned shop. Thanks. Jesse.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior