Exterior mirror clearance lights

boostin

Adventurer
Just wondering if any one knows if there is a power source in the doors for some clearance lights in the mirrors

boostin

Adventurer
Yah my truck has heated mirrors standard I think being in Canada, but I upgraded to standard class 8 mirrors with proper convex but I got ones with the Amber clearance lights and would like to wire those up

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
Yah my truck has heated mirrors standard I think being in Canada, but I upgraded to standard class 8 mirrors with proper convex but I got ones with the Amber clearance lights and would like to wire those up

It's pretty easy to run wires. I ran a blind spot camera to my passenger-side mirror, and window-up wires to both doors and it wasn't a huge hassle.

boostin

Adventurer
It's pretty easy to run wires. I ran a blind spot camera to my passenger-side mirror, and window-up wires to both doors and it wasn't a huge hassle.

I guess what's the cleanest way to run from the cab to the door, did you go through the rubber boot?

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
I guess what's the cleanest way to run from the cab to the door, did you go through the rubber boot?

Yes, and I found taking the front light lenses out made access much easier. I have a fiberglass stick that is made for fishing wires that I use, but a coathanger wire would work just fine. I also use a little washing up liquid as lube.

The passenger side was a little trickier for me because you have to fish the wires around behind the washer bottle, but no big deal.

Also, make sure you secure the wires inside the door in a way that won't interfere with the window mechanism. Best to check everything is good before you button it back up. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94