LED work light on a tire carrier, options to think about?

Inyo_man

Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.
That turned out nice and looks like a good size. Will you be able to get an amber cover for it?

Thanks.
I'm sure it can be sourced or fabricated. It's on the list of things to do...
I'm thinking a lens that can be friction mounted over the lamp. If I can't source one... one can work wonders with plastic, a heat gun, and a bit of patience.

4x4junkie

Explorer
I bought a couple of large painters clamps at Home Depot and attached LED flood lights to them. The lights have a long zipline cord that plug into the trailer's nose box or any cig lighter outlet. I can clamp them to the awning, the trailer's ladder, the truck's roof rack, etc. Allowed me to leave the Coleman lantern at home.

http://www.homedepot.com/catalog/productImages/1000/b6/b6d6fd35-095b-4098-b194-63ee60c4133a_1000.jpg

:D

View attachment 92713

Definitely one of the more handy little creations I've created.

View attachment 92712

Made using some 12V LED MR16 bi-pin lamps I got at a surplus electronics store a few years ago. Home Depot has a good selection of these lamps too.

lugueto

Adventurer
I've found amber covers on my Rigid Dually backup/ work light helps a lot when working up close to the light or the truck.

Led lights are best for these applications, and I've seen a lot of people do the "over the spare" location. I have it on one of my trucks, the other truck has one mounted to the body itself and is not nearly as versatile because I can't aim it anywhere but the back of the vehicle, instead of to the side thanks to mounting on the swingout.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne