Tired of just 4 wheeling my Scout

scout4bt

Ready for some expedition travel now that I'm retired from working daily.
The vehicle I'm using is a 1980 IH ScoutII Diesel bought in 2000. Original had the Nissan SD33T with a T19 and IH D300, thats all been replaced, Now has a Cummins 3.9L 4BTA, trans is a NV4500, T case is Atlas 4.33. A couple of years found a used 37 gal plastic tank to replace the 19 gal fuel tank, what a difference. The Scouts been my daily driver now for 15 years, have most of the bugs worked out, so now to start outfitting for some expedition travel.
IMG_4742.jpgIMG_4943.jpgIMG_4947.jpg

Halligan

Adventurer
Awesome ScoutII, Love the 4bt conversion. My father had a ScoutII when I was a young. Have fun traveling with it.

BrianV

Observer
Awesome! Have always wanted a Scout since I was a wee lad. Always thought a diesel one with some power would be even more fun.
What does it really need for the trips you are thinking of undertaking? I can't imagine much more than some creative storage and packing.

justcuz

Explorer
You need to hook up with Lance and Nick.
They are in the Phoenix Metro area and do several Arizona byway trips a year.
Lance is a moderator here and drives a blue and white 3 door Suburban. Nick has an orange and white 3 door Cummins powered Suburban.

scout4bt

Awesome! Have always wanted a Scout since I was a wee lad. Always thought a diesel one with some power would be even more fun.
What does it really need for the trips you are thinking of undertaking? I can't imagine much more than some creative storage and packing.
Yes "some creative storage and packing". My wife own a VentruCraft tent trailer, I trying to talk her into keeping it a little longer and let me use it.

scout4bt

You need to hook up with Lance and Nick.
They are in the Phoenix Metro area and do several Arizona byway trips a year.
Lance is a moderator here and drives a blue and white 3 door Suburban. Nick has an orange and white 3 door Cummins powered Suburban.
Thanks for the info, will do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ritabooke