Winch Mounting Wire Orientation

xcmountain80

Expedition Leader
Is there any reason I cannot have my winch electrical/ terminal side on the drivers side (left hand steering) of my truck?

Reason I ask is for no reason other than sillyness I've got it mounted so the control box is under the hood but on the passenger side. Looking to clean things up I thought perhaps the box could take a trip to the drivers side and just flip the winch over and adjust the angle of the clutch lever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NYresQ

If you flip the winch around, then instead of the line spooling onto the drum from underneath, it will be spooling over the top. Also depending on the brand and type, some have mounting bolts through the front made to bolt through the face of the bumper. The other thing you will need to deal with is the fairlead. With the line now coming over the top, the fairlead will be too low for a straight line feed, and it would need to be moved or else it will cause the line to rub against it pretty hard.

If all you want to do is move the solenoid box, just buy longer cables, no need to spin the winch around.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz