FP on CL POrtland...

billy bee

Adventurer
http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/pts/5417697045.html

01515_4BMQ6B8ICL7_600x450.jpg

Very cool camper that has served me well, but our family has outgrown it. I bought it used 10 years ago. It needs some minor repairs including brake light, door hatch pistons, cab access slider, weather seals. Includes attachable rain fly.

Wrote the seller. FP is on a 2005 Toyota Tacoma double cab long bed. No affiliation, etc, etc, etc...

I'd buy this just for parts if it weren't so far away,

bb

forty2

Adventurer
Damn, at that price it's tempting to run down and grab it, maybe convert to a tapered tail slide in that'd fit my short bed.

Eazy.E

PNW Wanderer
I am hoping to drive down there today to pick this up should everything check out, will let you all know!

Eazy.E

PNW Wanderer
Well I went down today to take a look and am sadly returning home with out a flippac. It was in a lot worse condition that I believed it would be. I'd say partially because I had built my hopes up and partially from the information I received. It is an older model as stated, I am guessing at least 15 years old. There is a crack all the way through the fiberglass just above the right side window, and everything is pretty well waterlogged. The shape of the older pacs have less room between the window and the top of the flip so I wouldn't have been able to mount my awning in the back like I have it now. I am wanting a project, but to get this one back to where I'd want it it would be I my garage for months. I'm sure it will be the right fit for someone, but I am going to hold out for one a little newer should it ever come up

Eazy.E

PNW Wanderer
Did the torsion bar and flip procedure work ok?

Yes, torsion bar was functioning and the tent flipped out fine. The attachments on the hood for the extra support bars are not the factory stud style, just an eyelet that he is using a nut and bolt on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior