Roving Dentist's cool rig

Lynn

Expedition Leader
Resurrecting this old thread. For some reason this guy came to mind today. See follow up post #13.

The Roving Dentist is building a really cool overland rig based on a FC101 LandRover, with the mission to bring dentistry to areas underserved.

Pretty neat rig.

I hadn't seen this rig before, so please forgive me if you have. Also, the Forward Control LR doesn't really seem to fit in the LR subforum, but, mods, feel free to move it if you disagree...

Last edited:

kcowyo

ExPo Original
I'm liking it!

What a great gift and skill to share. And that truck! Awesome....

I'll leave this here. I agree this is more of a custom camper than an everyday LR.

Lynn

Expedition Leader
Lynn said:
I emailed him an invite to join the forum, in case he hasn't.

I sent the first email to his 'info' link, and it bounced. I forwarded it to his 'contact' link, so hopefully he'll get it this time.

ADDITED: For his demountable camper box, he lists the camper jacks as being manufactured by Hi-Lift, along with a link to the site. Could that be a mistake? I didn't know Hi-Lift made camper jacks, and couldn't find any info on thier site.

Last edited:

FlyNdrive

Adventurer
I came across that rig going up the Imogene Pass in Colorado last July. It didn't have the box on it, but still looked cool enough to stop all out FJ's and watch as it passed.

Enjoy,

DSCN2898.jpg

DSCN2897-1.jpg

DSCN2896.jpg

rovingdentist

Camper

My web designer made a mistake on the hi-lift jacks...you can remove the camper with 4 of them, but I use regular camper jacks as you can flip them over and leave them on...it protects the body from rocks and trees.

-Sean

Lynn

Expedition Leader
rovingdentist said:
My web designer made a mistake on the hi-lift jacks...you can remove the camper with 4 of them, but I use regular camper jacks as you can flip them over and leave them on...it protects the body from rocks and trees.

-Sean

Welcome to the site!

Got any more photos of your rig?

What's the status on your dental mission? From your site I got the impression that you are still in the prep phase?

Last edited:

Lynn

Expedition Leader
Oh, and is your exam room / trailer canvas-sided, or hard-sided? Any more pix of it?

Lynn

Expedition Leader
Resurrecting this old thread. For some reason this guy came to mind today.

I checked his site, and nothing has changed in the last couple of years.

Hope he is out on his mission and too busy to update his site, rather than the project fell apart due to lack of sponsorship, or something.

I emailed him. If I get a response I'll post up here, and ask him to drop in and give us an update.

UPDATE: Here's the email response.

Hi Lynn!

Had some hiccups with my own mobility the past few yrs...the roving dentist wasn't so 'roving'

Back at it a bit this year.

Must update the site sometime ;o)

Cheers!

Sean

Looking at his personal site (which he provided in the email), he's been immobilized for the last few years by avascular necrosis of both hips, but he hopes to be back at it this year.

I wish him the best.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94