REBA

the kid

Juke Box Hero
I personally like the bumper on the cutv looks closer to something that would have been stock or period of the truck. Also matches the rear bumper better imo

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

02TahoeMD

Explorer
I personally like the bumper on the cutv looks closer to something that would have been stock or period of the truck. Also matches the rear bumper better imo

+ another vote for the one on the old Army Blazer. Nice looking rig you have there, keep up the good work.

Bojak

Adventurer
Thanks for the input. I think RLC is getting an order this week. I am ready to get the winch on and off the workbench.

jscusmcvet

Explorer
I also like the one on the cucv. Add some brush guard in the style you like and you are good to go. Great truck. Looks great on the 35's

Larry

Bigassgas Explorer
Wow, Bojak! :Wow1: Reba is looking great! I love how you blacked out the chrome and color matched the topper to the truck. Very tasteful! Now you just need some nice black fender flares to tie it all together. I also agree on the front winch bumper on our Expo Member's old CUCV K5 (I can't remember his name but he recently sold it). I would love to have a pair of bumpers just like those. Clean and tasteful and doesn't look overbuilt or real heavy

Anxious to see more updates on Reba :victory:

Bojak

Adventurer
Thanks Larry. She has come a long way. She's still got some things that need doing but the paint was a major milestone acheived. I've still got to mount my side steps back on. And get the winch mounted. Started to just throw the winch on today but its so big that I will have to remove the push bar mount the winch and then reinstall the bar. Seemed like alot of work for something I know I'm changing soon so I held off. Here is a teaser though.
c9fe7e8ac92c21068cde847a84a5081e.jpg

Bojak

Adventurer
So I have been following Larry's builds for a long time. I get a lot of information and inspiration from his trucks so when i saw his bucket seat conversion on his K10, i knew my bench seats days were numbered.
seats out.jpg
So the bench seats came out simple. i say simple because i had already wrestled all the frozen hardware loose before when i did my sound deadener and carpet kit. That included fun things like welding nuts on stripped out torx bolts to heat them loose and have something to get a tool on. Anyway, i scored a really good set of era correct bucket seats and a console off of craigslist. I refurbished the console with some modifications. (Thanks for the bottle holder idea, Larry.)
in process.jpg
Again, i ripped Larry's install off and used some hi-lift jack mounts to fab a support for the front inside of the bucket seats.
driver side.jpg
I even added 2 blue sea charging ports to console for some modern convenience.
passenger side.jpg

Seabass

Idiot
Dang!!! Buckets!!! I'm so jealous! There's a guy about 100 miles from me that has a set of bronco buckets and console on CL for cheap. They're the right color and vintage too. You're really making me want to go out and get em'- great addition. Can't wait to see that swanky winch mounted up.

chilliwak

Expedition Leader
That is one really sweet:drool: looking crew cab Bojak! Like you I am driving an old school Chevy (79) and really love the simplicity of things. I am a firm beliver that computers are for your home and not a rig that goes large distances out in the bush. Unless you have a satelite phone and the ability to airlift a failed computer from your local dealer to the your location hundreds of miles away it just does not make any sense to me. Thanks for posting pics of your fine rig and I look forward to seeing what else you do to your rig... Cheers, Chilli..:)

Bojak

Adventurer
Thanks chilli. I love this old truck. Hate to say I love an inanimate object but there is some emotions tied to this rig. I could go get something new and bolt on some stuff and it would be cool too but it wouldn't be the same. A Cummins ram is cool. New f150 is cool. Neither is Steve McQueen cool. Just my 2 cents. Anyway I appreciate the comments and love the spirit of this site. Very positive place, full of positive people, encouraging each other to go adventure. Love it.

Enough sing song Here are some better pics of console.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Bojak

Adventurer
That is one really sweet:drool: looking crew cab Bojak! Like you I am driving an old school Chevy (79) and really love the simplicity of things. I am a firm beliver that computers are for your home and not a rig that goes large distances out in the bush. Unless you have a satelite phone and the ability to airlift a failed computer from your local dealer to the your location hundreds of miles away it just does not make any sense to me. Thanks for posting pics of your fine rig and I look forward to seeing what else you do to your rig... Cheers, Chilli..:)

Thanks chilli. I love this old truck. Hate to say I love an inanimate object but there is some emotions tied to this rig. I could go get something new and bolt on some stuff and it would be cool too but it wouldn't be the same. A Cummins ram is cool. New f150 is cool. Neither is Steve McQueen cool. Just my 2 cents. Anyway I appreciate the comments and love the spirit of this site. Very positive place, full of positive people, encouraging each other to go adventure. Love it.

Enough sing song Here are some better pics of console.
bb723a2e5fb2911916c891fa69f532ba.jpg

Larry

Bigassgas Explorer
Cool! It turned out great! Glad to be of some help. I really like your black bike bottle holders instead of the shiny aluminum ones I have in my trucks. Might have to go find the back ones now and swap them out. Lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgrillz94