Recommendations for a semi DD that can double as an expo rig?

AirForceOne

Mr. Bond
I'd give a nod to the Tahoe too. Even the GMT900 (07-14) trucks are pretty simple over all. They are plagued with AFM/DOD failures, but the easiest solution to prevent it is scheduled oil changes and use good oil. They can be had with dual zone climate control, heated seats, moon roof, etc etc. Although regionally dependent, there's probably 3-5 Tahoe/Yukons for every 4R, LC, or just about any other SUV. Plentiful means cheap. You can gets parts at any autozone which is plus in my book, and they are excellent at towing trailers. On towing, realize that there was no oversight or guideline as to towing ability aside from what the manufacturer stated. Not really applicable to you as you've not mentioned towing anything, but just something to consider if you're think of a boat, camper, anything you might need to pull.

p nut

butter
I ended up with an Outback. MPG is nice, spacious enough for our gear. I'd not take it on the beaches of hatteras, but everywhere else is fair game so far.

Good choice. I'd get a roof rack (Yakima Loadwarrior) for extended trips where more cargo room is needed. It's also nice to be able to throw firewood up there instead of messing up the interior.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rinzlerz