Buildaholic... 2015 Chevy Silverado 1500 Rocky Ridge Alpine edition.

PA Slammer

Observer
Well... Totally new to this stuff. I have no idea where its headed. I have lots of experience with outdoor activities; dirt biking, dual Sporting, backpacking, climbing, mountaineering, you name it. I've always been infatuated with over landing and I love vehicle "builds". I've kitted out my F800GS, 350EXC and a bit on my 900XP. Other toys I have customized are my RS Adventurous and VRV 7X20.

Next project... 2015 Chevy Silverado 1500 Rocky Ridge Alpine edition.

A couple of the things I think I'm going to do right off the bat are an A.R.E. MX HD cap with full door, ADD bumpers and a drawer system...

Intended uses? Maybe a few off-road adventures, probably mostly backroad boondocking, and more than likely a lot of sitting in the driveway washing it and looking at it. Hey, I'm honest!

Anyway, I'm living in SWPA right now and I have a move to south of Denver in my near future. Three young boys and an adventurous wife.

I'd love ideas of what you've done with your rigs and suggestions what I can do with mine.

My plan is to document this build with this thread and to include as many pics as possible. (Which will soon be coming)

Last edited:

PA Slammer

Observer
Just got home. Here's a quick pic.

1ddeaf21bf1bf2bf2e323ed41573accf.jpg

Kmehr

Adventurer
Love it. I've been lusting over a rocky ridge for a while, especially the LP560 they teamed up with Callaway to build. So ************ man.

PA Slammer

Observer
Just ordered the ARE MX HD cap. (500 lb roof rating)
Painted to match.
Trimless.
Sliding front window.
Screen vent side windows.
Full fiberglass walk in door.
12 volt LED dome & dual rope, prop switch open.
Fabric headliner.
Yakima tower roof rack.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bushcoat

one trail at a time
Very nice! Ordered my Sierra in the same color. Interesting to see what mods you have on there and looking forward to see what you add on.

PA Slammer

Observer
Very nice! Ordered my Sierra in the same color. Interesting to see what mods you have on there and looking forward to see what you add on.
Yeah, the A.R.E. cap is first. Can't wait for that!

Addictive Desert Design bumpers next!
Stealth front with winch and 40" light bar.
Dimple R rear with lights.

I'll have to let the checkbook cool off for awhile after that!

Quick question on the winch; what rating should I get? Not looking to mud bog, I just want to be able to get myself out of a pinch when needed. I've gotten myself stuck a few time and always relied on others to pull me out. But since I put a winch on my SXS, I love it!

One more quick question; the 40" light bar can range in price from a few hundred to over a thousand. Is the quality THAT MUCH of a difference to be worth it?

Bushcoat

one trail at a time
I tell everyone with a '14-15, on the '16's they have a rubber/plastic front edge bed protectors, easy to install and really save the stone chips on the front lower edges of the box sides. They are around $10 a side from the dealer.

PA Slammer

Observer
I tell everyone with a '14-15, on the '16's they have a rubber/plastic front edge bed protectors, easy to install and really save the stone chips on the front lower edges of the box sides. They are around $10 a side from the dealer.

Do you happen to have a pic? Can you be more precise where you're talking about?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior