KGH's Defender

Kgh

Let’s go already!
Laugh isn't the appropriate word......mock may be more appropriate...:) can it do espresso..??

Mock if you must. It's Europe. Espresso is found at every gas station, bakery, grocery, etc. Once we get out in the sticks, we have the Bialetti Moka Espressokocher!
bialetti-mokakanne-espressokocher.jpg

This is what them boys down Italy way use, and we have had one for a few years.

We have the MSR stove to cook it up on. By, damn, that Coleman propane coffeepot makes a pot quick, it is good filter coffee, and we can throw it in the S'well bottles my wife went nuts over during the holidays:
Swell.jpg

Hopefully we don't suffer from gear overload. Maybe we should just get:
IMG_6030.jpg

silvajt

I'm going to live vicariously through you for the next couple years. I was stationed in Stuttgart for 3 1/2 years and loved it. I miss the place and all the travel I was able to do. I sold my LR3 before going over and ended up getting a 3 series BMW to blend in with the populace. However, I daily regretted not shipping my LR3 over. I did end up buying an LR4 through the Military Sales program before I left though. I never made it to Abentuer und Allrad, but it seemed to be a pretty good expo. Check out Discovery Parts (https://www.discovery-parts.de) for bits for your LR4 back in the States. They also host trips throughout the region and North Africa. Have fun, you are going to enjoy life over there.

ersatzknarf

lost, but making time
Thanks for sharing your Landy adventure :sombrero:

MUD UK has the side mirrors to help... (larger and with a separate convex mirror)

http://www.mudstuff.co.uk/mud-blind-spot-mirror.html

There are also longer mirror arms available, too.

Since Naka and MUD have a relationship, perhaps the mirrors are available locally for you ?

(MUD has seat rails, too, of course... ;) )

Kgh

Let’s go already!
Wow, great thread...definitely jealous of the Puma purchase - I *guess* this means that you won't be at URE again next fall :)? Or better yet, bring it back on a Carnet and show us all up for the 2016 event...

Would love to but shipping would be an expensive proposition. The LR4 is stateside, though. If we get that way I will defininately come up, had a blast with y'all last time. And I would park with Rick and Andrew (Voyager Racks) again.

If you want to come over for Abenteur und Allrad, it's in May, and you can rack with us! 25-29May16.

https://www.abenteuer-allrad.de/en?page=0

We will bring the Defender to URE in 17 or 18. Legally passing through from Canada as we do some US touring, we will keep it registered over here.

Let me know if there is anything you need from here. Have you seen the Nakatanenga website? Damn nice kit.

Kgh

Let’s go already!
I saw Shayne's hard work and decided to fab up some window vents also. By "fab" I mean I worked, made money, and traded my money for Nakatanenga's work. image.jpg

We started the day with a plan to go get some ski clothes at an outlet, and we hit the road.
image.jpg. Then on to Nakatanenga and get seat risers. Northface and Mammut gear in the bag, we hit the road for the 2 3/4 hour drive to Nürnberg.

Kgh

Let’s go already!
For all the talking up one hears about the German Autobahn, you must remember that most sections are two lanes wide, badly paved, and 90 degree turns at 60 MPH. Its cool to haul *** at 85 in a Defender, but the curves have pucker factor.

image.jpg

What can I say about Nakatanenga...great place, cool kit, bad *** trucks, and a very extensive catalog. We chatted with them for a bit, discussed how a lot of North Americans know of their gear and wish it was available in the states.

After our talk, I will tell whoever reads this: Be excited. Good things are coming. In the meanwhile, here is some eye candy.
image.jpg

image.jpgimage.jpg

And the stainless seat risers
image.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FranklinDufresne