Jet tent f25x vs oztent rv4 with tag a long

Nullifier

Expedition Leader
So looking for feedback on each setup. I currently have been running an rv4 since 2007 and love it. However with our 2 little guys growing it is cramped inside since my wife and I each sleep on a cot. We are wanting more space for comfort and versatility.

I have noticed several f25x tents for sale with limited use. I'm curious if it is just lack of use or feedback would be that it is to...? The tagalong will save about a grand which for me is a no brainier. However my wife prefer us to all be in the same tent rather then "across the hall" since our kids are currently 5 and 7.

I like how the jet tent is smaller but getting that 70lb monster ontop of the 80 will be a pita. However the rv4 and tag a long take up a ton of roof space even though they will be easier to lift up there. Decisions decisions lol.

Having never used a jet tent I am looking for first hand knowledge of it. Has anyone used both?

Nullifier

Expedition Leader
Not only are they heavier they are slower to put up. I just do not see any value to them for my way of thinking. Plus from my experience I do not doubt at all the longterm durability of the Oztent product. mine has been used alot over the past 12 years and I have never done anything to the tent. It has never leaked or failed in any of the conditions it has seen. including 4" of standing water 40mph winds, and last oct 5 straight days of rain. Even though I have never bought a fly, it still never a leaked after 12 years in Florida. So it's hard to go a different direction with that kind of track record.

SSF556

SE Expedition Society
Hey Nullifier having had an RV4 and now a JT25 I can tell you that they both are great products that basically do the same thing, but go about getting to that same differently. I would have kept the RV4 but I got tired of the packaged size...it is heavy and cumbersome and it almost dangerous putting it on top of the Jeep with one person. The JT25 allows me the same floor space but I can now slide the packaged product into the back of my Jeep. That to me is why I made the change. I do miss the RV4 though it was just a cool tent.

Nullifier

Expedition Leader
Thanks for the feedback unfortunatly I am stuck to the roof since I have a family of 4 in an 80 series and I have an engel 60 in the back. my only real concern is getting that 70lbs on the roof. It just sucks no matter how you cut it lol. However the awesomeness of the Oztent range has been,the easy set up and comfort once up.

Riddle me this does the screen enclosure maintain the square shape of of an RV series? it appears on the Jet series that it tapers in as is gets closer to the tent door. If that is true how much more narrow is the awning by the tent door vs where the zippered front panel would go on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior