PM-1 Warranty Issues

1Louder

Explorer
First off THANK YOU to all that have responded to countless questions about this battery. I don't like starting new threads but I deem this a specific issue and thought it would be useful for folks to share information. If you have charging issue questions, etc look at the other threads. When I get the energy I will edit this post and include the links. I just wasted 3 hours of my time between 2 Sears stores with no results.

Here's my issue and like others:
PM-1 Bad still under warranty mine purchasd 5/14
Go to Sears (1st claim it is not bad then make them use 2nd machine to test load and it is bad)

Ok it's bad now what. We don't make the PM-1 anymore and have no alternatives at this store. Claim 2nd store has a replacement. Won't 100% confirm or call to hold said battery. I get to drive 40 minutes to find out they don't have an alternative.

None in stock in AZ. No idea how to get one. No idea which one is the actual replacement offered by Sears. Just blank stares from the folks at Sears. Me the consumer gets to keep a dead product with a valid warranty and nothing else.

So if you have been in this situation and it was resolved. Maybe not 100% to your satisfaction but you at least either got an alternative battery of money back please share you story.

Very likely I get to waste more time contacting Sears "Corporate" for answers. I am done driving to different stores. They can find a battery, ship said battery to my local store for pickup. It will the go up for sale. Today I purchased a X2 Power 27F with a 60 month warranty. I am out nearly $300 again in 2 years and well I will hope for the best. What's that saying $#!* in one hand and hope in the other. See which fills up faster.

Thanks in advanced. I will never buy a Sears battery again....

1Louder

Explorer
Did you try to get a full refund

That wasn't offered or suggested. I did not ask that specific question. I will ask corporate for this. I did say what am I supposed to do with a bad battery with a valid warrant and no replacement. Answer (blank stares, crickets, I don't know)

toyotech

Expedition Leader
Its funny I found this post. Early this morning I was looking at my battery and thinking what I would do if I had to warranty it since I knew there was no replacement anymore. I was just saying to myself I would just ask for my $$ back. It's only fair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1Louder

Explorer
Its funny I found this post. Early this morning I was looking at my battery and thinking what I would do if I had to warranty it since I knew there was no replacement anymore. I was just saying to myself I would just ask for my $$ back. It's only fair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got the phone # for the national automotive department. We will see how this goes....

The toll free number for our our Automotive department is 888-819-6963. The hours of operation are 7:00am-10:00pm, 7 days a week.

Ducky's Dad

Explorer
I had a bad PM1 a few years ago and Sears wouldn't do anything. I was about three days past the three year warranty, but the battery had been bad for weeks and they admitted it had a dead cell. So I called Odyssey to express my displeasure with their Sears dealers and Odyssey made good on the warranty claim. They probably did that because Sears limits the warranty on marine batteries to three years but the same battery from Odysssey has a four year warranty. Odyssey's customer support is just as good as their batteries are finicky. It's a tradeoff.

PaintRock

Adventurer
I was in Sears before the holidays and found out they are discontinuing their diehard platinum AGMs. I've been running a platinum in my rig for at least four years (now I need to go look) and it has been a great battery. I'm interested to see what kind of luck you have with the X2. Is that from batteries plus? I'm sure it won't be much longer until I need to replace the platinum, I'll never use another non-AGM battery again if I can help it.

dstock

Explorer
I got them to give me store credit, mine died just shy of 3years old. I got $193 back, originally spent $210. I pressed for it as they had no equivalent options.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

1Louder

Explorer
I got them to give me store credit, mine died just shy of 3years old. I got $193 back, originally spent $210. I pressed for it as they had no equivalent options.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Thank you! If you have a saved any paperwork from that a photo would be great. I am taking the weekend off from Sears and will deal with it next week.

Ducky's Dad

Explorer
$17 is no big deal, but the warranty when I bought mine was three years full replacement. Why didn't they give you the full $210? Did they use the sales tax scam to weasel out of the $17?

dstock

Explorer
$17 is no big deal, but the warranty when I bought mine was three years full replacement. Why didn't they give you the full $210? Did they use the sales tax scam to weasel out of the $17?

Actually I was mistaken, I pulled the receipt from the purchase and had forgotten that I had got it on sale. I paid 191.83 and I got back 191.83, even steven.

dstock

Explorer
Thank you! If you have a saved any paperwork from that a photo would be great. I am taking the weekend off from Sears and will deal with it next week.

Let me see if I can block off the personal info on the credit receipt, but honestly, I was just very nice to the guy and pointed out they don't have an equivalent and that I was pretty unimpressed with the battery and didn't need want another Diehard of any kind. He went in the back, called his district rep and gave me a Sears gift card for the amount. I'm not sure what future battery you want to go with, I had decided I was just going to get an Optima yellow top which Sears does sell online through their Marketplace vendors, so you could use that as leverage for getting the credit on a Sears gift card.

I bought my Optima at Pep Boys as it was my starting battery and I didn't want to wait for one to ship. I will be using the gift card for a new DeWalt drill and impact driver.

I do still have one more PM-1 as my aux battery, we will see how long that one lasts, and then I will get to do this all over again!

1Louder

Explorer
I am VERY happy to report that after returning to the Sears store and asking for a manager my money was refunded 100% on a gift card. So thank you Sears you finally did what you should have done in the 1st place.

dstock

Explorer
I am VERY happy to report that after returning to the Sears store and asking for a manager my money was refunded 100% on a gift card. So thank you Sears you finally did what you should have done in the 1st place.

Glad to hear it!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
norcalmaier